Main Menu

RST

Started by Greg, February 15, 2005, 03:25:11 AM

Greg

For those of you who have attended one or more RST's, how long have they taken?  My first RST took about two hours IIRC, but my second was over a weekend.  Granted, the only thing we did over the weekend wasn't just the RST curriculum, but I think the RST part was rather drawn-out.  What kind of role did the facilitator take?
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Schmidty06

This is RST as in Required Staff Training, right?  Right-o, ok.  For me it took the senior member staff a day in order for them to come up with an RST make-up at JDE since I volunteered to babysit early coming cadets on staff day.  However, on day one they came around with a two hour RST which did the whole ORM and hazing spiel, which was good knowledge since I finally understood ORM in detail and applied.  The teacher of RST pretty much gave us a good rundown of the program and let us figure its use out on our own, giving guidance as we progressed.

Magda

Shortest RST ever was last year for me.  It was under an hour.  Probably about 45 minutes if that.

Da Big Daddy K

Quote from: Kozak on February 17, 2005, 08:52:26 PM
Shortest RST ever was last year for me.  It was under an hour.  Probably about 45 minutes if that.

Good for you that is because you a special... ;D
BOHICA
The most one learns in the military is when one has no rank or responsibility so one can concentrate on learning

Schmidty06

Was that the 45 minute RST at NBB?

elkorona

Quote from: Kozak on February 17, 2005, 08:52:26 PM

20min here...
Lt Col Elliott Korona, CAP
Deputy Director, Civic Leadership Academy

Horn229

About 3min for me. :) In '02 I showed up to GSAR, checked in and tossed my bags on my bunk and managed to catch the last 3min, if that of the RST. 'Course in '03 and '04 I missed GSAR's RST all together, so I dunno if that counts or not. ;D
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP