Cadets In Es Letter

Started by arajca, July 24, 2007, 09:30:22 PM

Spam

Quote from: SarDragon on April 11, 2016, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: Theodore on April 11, 2016, 05:58:46 PM
I dont get it. You can become a Jr. Firefighter/EMT on a Fire Department, or a Jr. Deputy/ Police Explorer at 16, and respond to emergencies way more frequent than CAP, but no one questions that. Yet, we perform SAR and they put age restrictions on us. All these paper pushes should join a Ground Team every once in a while.

Ummm... CAP doesn't exist without what you call paper pushers. Also, there is usually a great deal of overlap within units, where those paper pushers are also the folks on ground teams and aircrews,

And, think about this - many of our senior members are no longer physically able to participate on ground teams. Yet they remain valuable members of the ES team through other roles.

SarDragon, thank you so much for stating that. Well said.

V/R
Spam

SarDragon

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

stillamarine

As far as police explorers go they must ride with a qualified officer. There are national rules from Learning for Life that governs the type of calls they go on. They are not going to any hot in progress calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Theodore on April 11, 2016, 08:52:49 PM
Yes, Senior Members are the backbone of C.A.P., but, Cadets, for the most part, and in the physical shape required to go on searches.

Eh...debatable.

I'm about 50lbs heavier than I was as a cadet, but I can honestly say I'm in better endurance/strength shape than I was at 17. It's a sad statement, but there it is. You'd be surprised how much "life" muscle you put on after highschool.

Storm Chaser

He forgets that there must be at least one senior member in every ground team, who has to be in the necessary physical shape to do what the rest of the team has been task to do.

As it has been stated already, not all cadets are in great physical shape. In fact, I've seen senior members who can run circles around some cadets. I, myself, am not in the best of shapes, but can hold myself in a wilderness search environment, sometimes much better than the cadets assigned to my team.

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Spam on April 11, 2016, 09:38:49 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on April 11, 2016, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: Theodore on April 11, 2016, 05:58:46 PM
I dont get it. You can become a Jr. Firefighter/EMT on a Fire Department, or a Jr. Deputy/ Police Explorer at 16, and respond to emergencies way more frequent than CAP, but no one questions that. Yet, we perform SAR and they put age restrictions on us. All these paper pushes should join a Ground Team every once in a while.

Ummm... CAP doesn't exist without what you call paper pushers. Also, there is usually a great deal of overlap within units, where those paper pushers are also the folks on ground teams and aircrews,

And, think about this - many of our senior members are no longer physically able to participate on ground teams. Yet they remain valuable members of the ES team through other roles.

SarDragon, thank you so much for stating that. Well said.

V/R
Spam
+1, and well said....