LTC Wynant C. Farr & sinking sub

Started by wrpawson, July 12, 2007, 04:49:54 PM

wrpawson

Hi all. I'm new to CAP Talk. I am a CAP chaplain in Ohio. I am also an amateur genealogist and a collector of military medals. I am writing an article for a medal collectors' journal on CAP LTC Wynant C. Farr of Coastal Patrol Unit 1, who assisted in the sinking of that first German sub off Atlantic City. His granddaughter is one of my cousins. I recently visited with her and obtained copies of many documents and photos from LTC Farr's mementos. I was able to photograph his Air Medal and War Dept Distinguished Civilian Service Medal. I wanted to take a photo of LTC Farr's ribbon bar on his uniform for the article, so that I could discuss his full set of awards in the journal article. However, my cousin's mother, the daughter of LTC Farr, apparently gave away his CAP uniform to "a CAP museum in New Jersey." Can anyone point me in the right direction to find/contact this museum to see if they could provide me with a photo of the ribbon bar -- if indeed it was part of the uniform thatwas given away? Please contact me by e-mail if you can help -- wrpawsoff (at) aol.com.  Thanks.
Chap. (Capt) Bill Pawson

Al Sayre

I can't be much help with your search, but I can say "Welcome Aboard!"
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Ricochet13

You might start by contacting the Aviation Hall of Fame & Museum of New Jersey.

Here's a link —>http://www.njahof.org/

ZigZag911

Contact Lt Col Greg Weidenfeld, NJW Historian:

caphistoryguy@aol.com

wrpawson

Thanks for the leads. I will follow up in th enxt couple of days. If anyone else has any ideas, I'm still open to advice -- just in case these two leads don't take me anywhere.

Bill Pawson

wrpawson

This is a GREAT site. I wrote to Lt Col Weidenfeld, NJW Historian -- BADDA-BOOM-BADDA-BING -- he's got the uniform. Sadly, no ribbon rack. But other goodies that will help. Thanks for the lead.

Bill Pawson

ZigZag911

Glad to help in a worthy cause!

Please let us know when/where the article will appear.