QUESTION ABOUT THE BOARD?

Started by RIEHN, July 09, 2007, 04:42:49 AM

RIEHN

why is there not a recruiting, or public affairs section on this forum?   I'm new to this forum, and I think a section on recruiting would get alot of feedback...   a place where we can discuss recruiting strategies, and new ideas...   just a thought
C/1st Lt. Sam Riehn
MO Wing CAC Chair
MO-127 Cadet Commander

shorning

Perhaps because there wouldn't be enough traffic to warrant it's own forum.  However, those topics will fit in to areas that currently exist.  Just start a thread.

Welcome to the forums, BTW.

Pylon

Welcome to CAPTalk.

All of the current sections have been created based on the frequency of discussions on that topic.  For example, because there were a large handful of topics relating to safety, we created a safety section.

If there are a large number of public affairs and/or recruiting and retention related topics, we would certainly consider creating a separate section for that.  The board is driven by your participation, so get chatting!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BillB

The old fashioned recruiting effort seems to have gone the way of the buggy whip. To often people are appointed as Recruiting and Retention Officers, just to fill a slot. The idea of setting up recruiting tables with brochures, laptop with CAP videos and those silly paper airplanes (the pre-teens love them) now is something most squadrons have forgotten how to do. Many PAOs just send news releases to The Volunteer and nothing to local news media. Project Boot was sent to anyone that sent me their email address, and it was distributed to members in four regions and 12 Wings. National was sent a updated copy and wanted to do a minor rewrite and do a general distribution. CAPChannel has a lot of good material, and National has new brochures for recruiting. But unless R&R Officers request them and USE them, recruiting is just a nice catch phrase. Recruiting and Public affairs are so closely tied together that the recruiting side is often ignored.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

LtCol White

Quote from: BillB on July 09, 2007, 08:22:34 PM
The old fashioned recruiting effort seems to have gone the way of the buggy whip. To often people are appointed as Recruiting and Retention Officers, just to fill a slot. The idea of setting up recruiting tables with brochures, laptop with CAP videos and those silly paper airplanes (the pre-teens love them) now is something most squadrons have forgotten how to do. Many PAOs just send news releases to The Volunteer and nothing to local news media. Project Boot was sent to anyone that sent me their email address, and it was distributed to members in four regions and 12 Wings. National was sent a updated copy and wanted to do a minor rewrite and do a general distribution. CAPChannel has a lot of good material, and National has new brochures for recruiting. But unless R&R Officers request them and USE them, recruiting is just a nice catch phrase. Recruiting and Public affairs are so closely tied together that the recruiting side is often ignored.

As with Safety, Recruiting and retention should be everyone's job as well.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Pumbaa

I've been taking my PAO duties seriously.  Releases to the media at least 1x month.  I write feature/ human interest stories too.  I maintain the Group and Squadron website with updated stories/ news as well as a new photo gallery.

I am active in recruiting as well as my focus now on fund raising for the squadron. I have adapted a recruiting Power Point Presentation for fund raising.

I put together a PAO website and forum, but it is a slow start right now.  I need to getthe word out a bit more on it when I can devote more time to moderate it.

RIEHN

Quote from: BillB on July 09, 2007, 08:22:34 PM

I think you hit the head on the nail...  now, what is "project Boot"
C/1st Lt. Sam Riehn
MO Wing CAC Chair
MO-127 Cadet Commander

BillB

Project boot was a recruiting program I wrote when I was Wing PAO. It was dusted off about three years ago and rewritten by myself and some cadets. It outlined various plans for different types of recruiting, and is designed to be modified to meet local needs. In otherwords it's a guide a unit can change depending on local conditions. It probably will be reviewed and revised again sometime after August.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

RIEHN

where can I find a copy of it?
C/1st Lt. Sam Riehn
MO Wing CAC Chair
MO-127 Cadet Commander

BillB

Send me your email address and I'll upload it.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104