Main Menu

Cadetstuff down?

Started by Yoda, May 25, 2005, 12:36:11 PM

MIKE

Quote from: tedda on December 10, 2005, 10:34:02 PM
Well, looks like CS has been having DNS problems all day.  I'm surprised the CAPtalk traffic-o-meter isn't pegged to the limit  today.  ;)

Yeah... And you took down the Flying Min so I can't get my Tetris fix anymore.  :)
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Yes, not to be confused with providing quality CAP content, Flying minutemen satisfied old-school arcade game fixes.  :)

dwb

It's true, the CadetStuff server is alive and well, but the nameserver (which resolves 'cadetstuff.org' to an IP address) is down and out.

Our DNS dude is on vacation, so it's taking us a little longer than normal to track him down.

Unfortunately, the best I can say is that it will be back when it's back.  Fortunately, it's just a DNS problem, and not a problem with the actual server or site software.

NIN

Unfortunately, DNS is indeed down, and our DNS guru with the keys to the kingdom is off on vacation! (Alright, who authorized that?)

He'll be back on Monday, and we'll be all fixed up.  And I suspect we'll have some additional DNS redundancy in the next week or so...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

CMetzger42

Quote from: NIN on December 11, 2005, 10:28:42 PM
Unfortunately, DNS is indeed down, and our DNS guru with the keys to the kingdom is off on vacation! (Alright, who authorized that?)

He'll be back on Monday, and we'll be all fixed up.  And I suspect we'll have some additional DNS redundancy in the next week or so...

In the meantime, what's the ip? I need my fix!! :)

NIN

Quote from: CMetzger42 on December 11, 2005, 11:25:48 PM
In the meantime, what's the ip? I need my fix!! :)

Sorry, Chris, the IP won't do you any good. There is enough virtual hosting going on that machine that just the IP will get you a nice fuzzy screen that says what machine it is, but nothing else. :(

NIN
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Cam89

I can go to the main page. Can anyone else?
Carrisa Marinshaw
    C/Amn

lreichardt

Cam89

Maybe I can get on it because the comuter has it in its memory. I just can't get on to the forum or anything else.
Carrisa Marinshaw
    C/Amn

Chris Jacobs

Yea i think its your computer.  I cant get on it at all.

C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

Cam89

Yeah, your right its my computer.
Carrisa Marinshaw
    C/Amn

Horn229

I've made two posts today with no responses. Kinda weird/boring.
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

HGCdt

Quote from: Horn229 on December 13, 2005, 01:13:39 AM
I've made two posts today with no responses. Kinda weird/boring.
Heh, that won't be anymore! It's finally back up for me.
[move]Civil Air Patrol Honor Guard
"With Honor and Pride"

MustangCadet

hey anyone know how i can get a new CS id because my old one had my old email address and know I cant seem to get the password for it. plz help me.
C/CMSgt Anthony Gallozzi
Mustang Cadet Squadron
RMR-CO-148
HGA White Hat '07

dwb

Quote from: MustangCadet on December 13, 2005, 02:35:42 AM
hey anyone know how i can get a new CS id because my old one had my old email address and know I cant seem to get the password for it. plz help me.

Let me know what your old user name is, and I will change the E-mail address and reset your password (I'm "skyhawk" on CadetStuff).  PM me here, and I'll fix your account there.

CMetzger42

It's down again! Time to sack the admins... :)

Pylon

Quote from: CMetzger42 on December 17, 2005, 05:22:37 PM

Yeah, it is down again.  Oy vey.

Although, I know after their last DNS incident, CS was going to sack their old method of DNS hosting (*cough*Ninness' Home*cough*) and get a real DNS host.  Perhaps this is just the transition from old to new DNS and it's taking time for the new DNS info to propagate.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on December 17, 2005, 06:45:36 PM
Quote from: CMetzger42 on December 17, 2005, 05:22:37 PM

Yeah, it is down again.  Oy vey.

Although, I know after their last DNS incident, CS was going to sack their old method of DNS hosting (*cough*Ninness' Home*cough*) and get a real DNS host.  Perhaps this is just the transition from old to new DNS and it's taking time for the new DNS info to propagate.

IIRC the DNS issue does not originate from NINs AO... Somewhere further south in the AO of a mutual acquaintance of NIN and yours truly.  ;D

Figures... It had to die on me when I was posting to the Wiki.  :o
Mike Johnston

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on December 17, 2005, 07:59:04 PM
Its back up!

For now.  ;D

...and there was much rejoicing.   ;D   Yaaay.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP