Main Menu

Guest Speakers at Meetings

Started by etodd, June 07, 2018, 03:11:21 AM

etodd

How often do you invite guest speakers? Last night we watched a Navy pilot land his jet right at meeting time, gave everyone a tour around the plane and then came inside with a presentation on being a Navy pilot. Then the Cadets loaded him up with questions until we had to shut it down so he could fly back.

A few months ago we had an Air Force pilot do the same thing. We try to do both at least once a year. The Cadets and Seniors really enjoy it. Many Cadets start dreaming of careers. :)

As you can see in the photo, we always publicize and invite guests on these days.

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Spam

Very nice, etodd. BuNo 165091, from TW-1 (Training Wing 1), NAS Meridian, correct?

I helped design the C model cockpit and was on the test team at Pax River, back in the 90s... my interest in designing and testing aircraft and spacecraft started when I was one of those young cadets.

Did anyone ask about the OBOGS?   :o

V/r
Spam

OldGuy

Good stuff! About every three months here.

etodd

Quote from: Spam on June 07, 2018, 05:24:40 AM

Very nice, etodd. BuNo 165091, from TW-1 (Training Wing 1), NAS Meridian, correct?

I helped design the C model cockpit and was on the test team at Pax River, back in the 90s... my interest in designing and testing aircraft and spacecraft started when I was one of those young cadets.

Did anyone ask about the OBOGS?   :o

V/r
Spam

Yes, from Meridian. And yes, this pilot talked of the "pilot strike" and that he feels they have the problem corrected now and is happy to fly it. He had an Italian student with him flying front seat, who will go back to Italy after training.

The pilot in the photo was a CAP Cadet and got his PPL and his IFR while a Cadet with a CAP CFI.  :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."