Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2017, 10:47:13 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Questions about PJOC
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Questions about PJOC  (Read 646 times)
FNelson
Recruit

Unit: SWR-NM-018

« on: September 13, 2017, 11:06:40 AM »

I am thinking about attending Pararescue Orientation Course this summer if it is available and I am curious about what I should expect and what I should do to prepare.  I have heard that it is very intense and I think it would be a very interesting experience.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:15:11 PM »

The first thing you can do is dig up the physical fitness test and see how well you do today, then work to exceed the standards.

This is the description of the test.

This is a 14min video from the AF about their test. Some sections may not apply; watch it all the way through.

Start now getting ready for it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:15:40 PM »

If you like FB:

https://www.facebook.com/Pararescue-Orientation-Course-Civil-Air-Patrol-160296861500/

MS - MO - AP - MP
PHall

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:09:27 PM »

You WILL be administered a PT test on your arrival. If you fail any part of it you're gone, right now.
So start working out and remember, Kirkland is at 5500 feet. Pretty thin air if you're from the flatlands.
Jester
Forum Regular

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:29:12 PM »

Anybody ever staff it as a SM?
FNelson
Recruit

Unit: SWR-NM-018

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 01:45:03 PM »

Thanks for the help, and for the person who mentioned Kirtalnds altitude, I live in Santa Fe, which is about an hour north of Kirtland at about 7000 feet so that won't be a problem but you do make a good point.
Panzerbjorn
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-NC-048

« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:34:04 AM »

PM me your email address and I'll pass it along to my son.  He went to PJOC last summer and graduated.  I emphasize graduated as you'll need a higher level of physical fitness to graduate vs participate.  I'm told that not everyone who participated actually graduated and can wear the patch.  I'll ask him to email you and give you information on how to physically prepare.  I can tell you with certainty is to start working on your pull-ups.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout
A.Member

« Reply #7 on: Today at 09:32:34 AM »

Anybody ever staff it as a SM?
Yes and attempting to G2 the course from any angle is highly frowned upon (those that have attended this course or APJOC understand this).

Follow SarDragon's suggestion.  Everything you need to know is published on the NCSA site.  And as SarDragon also pointed out, don't just meet the standard; crush it.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:57:56 AM by A.Member » Logged
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Questions about PJOC