Targeted Recruiting and the Re-imagining of the Senior Member Experience

Started by OldGuy, September 04, 2017, 10:50:36 PM

N6RVT

Quote from: CyBorgII on September 12, 2017, 04:16:49 PM
Abolition of flagging a member for nonrenewal/unable to join at National.

A passive 2B with no board action?  This is a thing?

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on September 12, 2017, 09:47:12 PM
Quote from: etodd on September 12, 2017, 08:31:41 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 12, 2017, 05:24:57 PM

Some units are like fraternities. People join to be pilots or air crew, and they either never get the opportunity to get into the plane or they get treated like an outcast among the table of flight suit-wearing Top Gun fighter pilots. That's the reality of it.

I hear this a lot about opportunities to fly the plane and don't get it.  In my Squadron anyone who is qualified can rent the plane for C-12 Proficiency flights every day of the month if they want to. I simply go into WMIRS, enter the sortie and it gets released. Off I go to the airport.

Who, in these other squadrons, are telling pilots that cannot rent the plane?

So many squadrons do not meet the desired 200 hours per year with their plane. They should be excited to have a new pilot come along willing to rent the plane for proficiency flying or training and bump up the hobbs.

Only a small percentage of CAP aircrew are pilots, ....

Yes, I was speaking specifically in regards to pilots who I have seen discussing online how they joined CAP and then rarely had the opportunity to fly the plane. However .... it may well be some who did not want to stay long enough to go through all the hoops in the beginning to get to MP status, or even just TMP. All the ISO courses and more, F5s, etc., etc..  The other side being finances. Some folks just can't afford the C-12s and just hope for some paid flying, which yes, often times does go to the more experienced members.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

FW

Quote from: N6RVT on September 12, 2017, 10:06:59 PM
Quote from: CyBorgII on September 12, 2017, 04:16:49 PM
Abolition of flagging a member for nonrenewal/unable to join at National.

A passive 2B with no board action?  This is a thing?

NO.  However it is possible to flag a renewal if the (ex) member forgot to renew by expiration date.  Membership is a privilege, and there are still ways for a commander to end it...

Fubar

Quote from: etodd on September 12, 2017, 10:14:46 PMYes, I was speaking specifically in regards to pilots who I have seen discussing online how they joined CAP and then rarely had the opportunity to fly the plane.

The only grumbling I hear from pilots about plane availability, it's around the funded flying. Rarely have I seen a pilot pry a dusty bill out of their pocket to fly a CAP plane.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: CyBorgII on September 12, 2017, 04:46:14 PM
And, as you seem to be a reasonable person, can you view my proposals for CAP reform with a degree of professional detachment and state your opinions?

I looked at your proposed items, and my opinion on the major points is that you want CAP to not be CAP. This tells me that CAP isn't for you.

SarDragon

And this one is ready for the fork. It's done.

Once again, some of you have turned a potentially productive thread into a urinating competition.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret