Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 12:28:45 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: AFCENTI 36-2903, OCP = ACU, Ball caps and patches are back.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: AFCENTI 36-2903, OCP = ACU, Ball caps and patches are back.  (Read 1551 times)
DocJekyll

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 06:30:36 PM »

As for enforcement, that is easy. Require every member wearing the AF uniform to be put in the sky once a year. Pilots will take weight/balance notes at that point and by doing so also verify that the member is compliant weight wise.

Good luck with that.  I have no desire to be in a light aircraft and I sure as heck would fight any idea to put me in one just to find out if I am within H/W.

You're part of the exempt classified unit, so you're good.

Don't know what you're talking about, and neither do you. *random guys in black suits come from nowhere and carry you off into the distance*
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.
Spam
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: GA-001

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 06:56:41 PM »

At last weekends Commanders Call, I brought a digital floor scale down in front of the assembled Group and Squadron Commanders, and the boss and my brother CV and I self-weighed in front of them, read the hard copy of the applicable 39-1 page, and announced our results.  We then told the assembled commanders that we expected them to expect ALL of their people who want to wear USAF style to do the same.

I cautioned the commanders against lecturing members on their weight; their weight per se is not our business, but members desiring to wear the USAF style uniform should expect to be able to demonstrate compliance with 39-1. We want people of all talents and abilities in CAP - but are required by regulations to put a fence around the optional wear of USAF style.

Continued integrity issues with simple compliance on this issue are leading indicators of unsafe attitudes towards far more serious compliance with operational issues. (I think Patton probably would have phrased that more succinctly, but I'm not Patton).

V/r
Spam

PS, for the record, I am 6'4" and 310. My eServices record matches that. Noncompliant, which is why I have a closet of dusty USAF style. If a member is self delusional enough to try to sneak an extra 20 lbs in on top of the added CAP weight margin, you will find me unsympathetic... enough so to initiate an adverse member action, as we cant afford to lose base access, etc.

PPS now why are we wasting time talking about AFCENT directives.  :-\

etodd

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 08:06:37 PM »

While sitting around awhile at the last Eval, waiting for my flight release, I sat in a corner, watching the dozens of folks milling around, in and out getting their work done. When it comes to uniforms, my general observation that day was the folks in polos seemed more casual, at ease, and happy. The others just seemed so tense. I dunno. Just something I've noticed.
MS - MO - AP - MP
Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »

While sitting around awhile at the last Eval, waiting for my flight release, I sat in a corner, watching the dozens of folks milling around, in and out getting their work done. When it comes to uniforms, my general observation that day was the folks in polos seemed more casual, at ease, and happy. The others just seemed so tense. I dunno. Just something I've noticed.

Well sure, confirmation bias is a thing.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »

+1 Perhaps they were taking their role and situation in a more serious, business like fashion.

One thing that makes me crazy is people who treat ICPs like a gardening club, both in manner of dress and behavior.
People are there to work.  When you're done. GO HOME.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Mitchell 1969

Unit: PCR-CA-051

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 02:33:45 AM »

+1.  Having our own uniform was an opportunity missed.

Missed in what way?

I'm genuinely curious how further divorcing ourselves from the organization we're the auxiliary of is a missed opportunity.

For all the talk about "parent organization," the reality is that more CAP members work with and relate to other CAP members than they do to USAF members. That is especially true when it comes time to climb into utility type uniforms. Getting them into one WAS a lost opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.
jjmalott
Recruit

Unit: GLR-IN-193

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »

Good thing I'm just here for the food...........

Jeff Malott, Lt Col, CAP
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »

For all the talk about "parent organization," the reality is that more CAP members work with and relate to other CAP members than they do to USAF members. That is especially true when it comes time to climb into utility type uniforms. Getting them into one WAS a lost opportunity.

Very true - the days of the regular CAP-RAP visits are long gone, so for the average member who doesn't staff an encampment,
get involved in ES, or participate in NCSAs, they may literally never see or meet anyone in the USAF, or any other service for that matter.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: AFCENTI 36-2903, OCP = ACU, Ball caps and patches are back.