Main Menu

Looking for FL Wing Member

Started by audiododd, August 29, 2017, 01:56:18 AM

audiododd

Hello all.  If any of you know Tyler Kersenbrock, please let him know that Vanguard shipped his order to me.  It had his info on the invoice, but my info on the shipping label (yeah...I'm shocked that VG screwed up too :-).  Instead of sending it back to VG and having them forward it to him, I'm just gonna drop it in the mail to him myself.

Dodd
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO
Safety/Comm/Admin/Personnel/IT
TMP - MO - MS - MRO - MSO

Abby.L

I would see if you could do a member search for him on E-Services, which should have his address/contact info, then go at it that way. That is, if this issue hasn't been resolved yet.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

JacobAnn

Quote from: Levi Lockling on August 29, 2017, 11:37:23 AM
I would see if you could do a member search for him on E-Services, which should have his address/contact info, then go at it that way. That is, if this issue hasn't been resolved yet.

Yes, he is in e-Services.  He is the only Kersenbrock in there.  Lives in Jacksonville.

JoeTomasone

I passed along your message and email address to the DCC for that Squadron. 

audiododd

Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO

audiododd

I can't do a member search outside my unit.  Is there a workaround? 
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO

EMT-83

How about a workaround for eServices being For Official Use Only? Oops, too late.

Bayareaflyer 44

Quote from: audiododd on August 29, 2017, 09:02:36 PM

I can't do a member search outside my unit.  Is there a workaround? 

Dodd - next time we cross paths at a meeting, I'll show you how to at least dig up the member's email address.

Paul

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418

Holding Pattern

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 29, 2017, 09:46:53 PM
How about a workaround for eServices being For Official Use Only? Oops, too late.

I'd actually consider shipping a uniform to a member falling under Official Use.

audiododd

I had his name and address (it was on the packing slip). All I wanted to do was get word to him that his order came to me and I was going to forward it on. He probably got an email that his package had been delivered and would have to go through the Royal PITA of contacting VG, explaining that he didn't get the stuff, having them run a trace to see that it was misdelivered and then waiting for them to ship a new order (it included a name tag, so that could take forever).

Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO

CAP9907

really?   ::)

It's not like the guy wants to discuss football scores, he wants to get CAP uniform parts to the correct CAP Member.
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

EMT-83

Quote from: CAP604 on August 30, 2017, 08:55:56 PM

really?   ::)

It's not like the guy wants to discuss football scores, he wants to get CAP uniform parts to the correct CAP Member.

Yes, really. This is regarding a consumer transaction with a commercial entity, not official business by any stretch of the imagination. If this is not crystal clear in anyone's mind, it's time to repeat Level One.

Luis R. Ramos

Not really.

The so-called consumer transaction was over the moment the client paid. Said otherwise, a consumer transaction is  one where a commercial entity obtains money. Where is the money exchange in a member sending another something?

This is akin to a member sending another member something via mail, but put the wrong address. Another member decides to send the package to the correct one.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

abdsp51

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 31, 2017, 02:03:11 AM
Not really.

The so-called consumer transaction was over the moment the client paid. Said otherwise, a consumer transaction is  one where a commercial entity obtains money. Where is the money exchange in a member sending another something?

This is akin to a member sending another member something via mail, but put the wrong address. Another member decides to send the package to the correct one.

Except Vanguard is not a member.  I can see both sides of the argument and truthfully,  I would not someone using my info in Eservices for any reason other than official purposes.  I would not want someone putting out my name here to gain my personal info.  That can and honestly should be taken as a misuse of the system.  The OP could have asked for a pm instead of blasting folks or looked up the groups page.  And if this is a minor then that should be considered a huge no no.

SarDragon

OK, you have his mailing address. Fire off a post card with your message, and wait for the results. Done

and done. PMs are now the mode of communication on this.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret