Main Menu

A bad year for Tuesdays

Started by Eclipse, August 19, 2017, 01:45:02 AM

Eclipse

I am working on building out a "TV Week" schedule for my unit for FY18 and just noticed that there
will only be three months with 5 Tuesdays and one of those falls on Halloween, which I'm betting
will mean a lot of them are cancelled that day.

I realize not all units meet on Tuesdays, but it does seem to be the more common day.

Having only 2 "extra" weeks this FY is going to take a bite out of a lot of units' ES and "other"
programs that fall on those days.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Not a single unit in my wing meets on Tuesdays

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

15 of the 27 in my wing meet on the correct day, per regulation.

Also it's pretty common knowledge that Tooey Spaatz himself was overheard in 1945 telling Hermann Göring,
"I'd sooner throw a man into the Thames then see him meeting for CAP on any night but Tuesday...".

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on August 19, 2017, 02:13:15 AM

Also it's pretty common knowledge that Tooey Spaatz himself was overheard in 1945 telling Hermann Göring,
"I'd sooner throw a man into the Thames then see him meeting for CAP on any night but Tuesday...".

Then he wouldn't like my squadron then. We meet on Wednesday and have been for years.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: PHall on August 19, 2017, 03:54:27 AM

Then he wouldn't like my squadron then. We meet on Wednesday and have been for years.

Woosh?

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: PHall on August 19, 2017, 03:54:27 AM

Yes, I can close my eyes and hear it now, reverberating across the land...

"Everywhere we go-o, people wanna know-o, who we are, and so we tell them.. we are the Wednesdays...the mighty, mighty Wednesdays...we're not Tuesdays, chicken chicken Tuesdays..."

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

NIN

I guess I missed that regulation.

You did read in the new 39-1 that while you don't starch ABUs, you do starch your shorts, right?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Wednesday would never work in my area. No organization even tries to compete with church night.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

chuckmilam

Bible belt here:  Can confirm there's no after-school sports or even professional games scheduled on a Wednesday night.

stillamarine

Quote from: etodd on August 19, 2017, 09:58:48 PM
Wednesday would never work in my area. No organization even tries to compete with church night.

While working on our Explorer post's schedule I was reminded that I am not an Alabama native and no we will not meet on Wednesdays.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com