Intel Officers in Units? Intel Training?

Started by zippy, July 21, 2017, 06:03:26 AM

Luis R. Ramos

The histories can be prepared by the commanding officer, like I said, as on those histories of the regiments I stated.

One thing is "By" and another is "Signed," and yet another is "Prepared by."

Reread the history of the 3rd Infantry Div. The commander "Signed it" but credit was given to G-2 and G-3, Acting Chiefs of Staff for Intel and Ops.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

LSThiker

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on September 12, 2017, 01:51:58 PM
All the histories I have read, were prepared by their commanding officers. No credit to their Intel Officer.

As a person that has written unit histories for the military, none were credited to me.  They were written by me and signed by the commander.  No mention of me preparing it.  So if any person looks at it 10, 20, 30 or 50 years from now, they might get the wrong impression that it was written by the commander, when in fact it was written by me.

Bottom line, just because there was no mention of the history being written by another, do not make the assumption it was.  Chances are, the history was written by another person and signed by the commander.  Sure, there may be some written by the commander but I would not hedge my bet on it.

TarRiverRat

I know that at CPB16, in Manteo, that the Intelligence Officer kept up with everything that went on at the field.  I have seen the S2 journal for them, online, and they would have entries such as "14 March 1942 Lt. Joe Blow from Rocky Mount dropped off airplane parts and barbecue."  It seems they wrote down anything that occurred concerning their operations of the field and any missions that were performed.  Not matter if Suzy Q came to see her husband, or certain items were ordered for the field, or what missions were flown and if anything was sited. I actually found several entries of Barbecue from Rocky Mount that was either brought or sent for.  Quite and interesting read.  I need to see if I can find that link again.
Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057

TarRiverRat

Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057