Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 12:30:42 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: QUICK QUESTION: How do I receive ribbons I am qualified for?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: QUICK QUESTION: How do I receive ribbons I am qualified for?  (Read 1212 times)
BKW

Unit: MER-NC-145

« on: July 20, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »

I have "recruited" 2 of my friends and have roughly 100 service hours, how do I receive the ribbons earned by doing those two things? Is there a link in eservices? I couldn't find an existing answer due to the amount of posts regarding ribbons.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:52:22 PM by SarDragon » Logged
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »

Both of the above need to be submitted and approved by someone on your unit staff.

Discuss this with them, and if they feel you deserve them, they will submit the appropriate paperwork.

Presumably the 100 hours you refer to are community service - you will need to present a memo, email, or similar
from the non-CAP third party you worked for. At 60 hours per award, you would only qualify for the initial ribbon
until you can substantiate an additional 20 hours for an attachment.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BKW

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »

Thank you! I have received the gold presidential service award, so hopefully that will be valid.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »

Thank you! I have received the gold presidential service award, so hopefully that will be valid.

Congrats on the PVSA, but you'll need the letter(s) from the people you served, not the PVSA cert, etc.

And of course we're talking about non-CAP activities.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BKW

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:59:36 PM »

Ok i'm pretty sure i have that lying around somewhere from when I applied for the PVSA, thanks again!
MSG Mac
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: MER-MD-071

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »

Regarding the two friends recruited. did they put your name on the membership form as the person responsible for recruiting them? If so NHQ will have a report in E-Services showing you as the recruiter. If not, submit a CAPF 2a listing their names and make sure that they'll back you up on having recruited them.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
CyBorgII

Unit: USCG AUX

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »

Make sure you have a good relationship with your CC.

No matter if you have qualified or not for an award, if s/he does not want you to have it, you likely will not get it.
Whaddaya mean I ain't kind?  I'm just not YOUR kind!

Ex-CAP Captain, now CG Auxiliary, but still feel a great deal of affection for the many good people in CAP.
vorteks
Seasoned Member

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »

Make sure you have a good relationship with your CC.

No matter if you have qualified or not for an award, if s/he does not want you to have it, you likely will not get it.

Let it go man
PHall

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 08:46:18 PM »

CyBorg, you're doing it again.....  Yes we know you're bitter, let.it.go.....
Mordecai

Unit: SI

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 04:35:33 PM »

Al Sayre

Unit: SER-MS-001

Mississippi Wing
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 04:55:33 PM »

>:D It's easy, just send Vanguard your credit card number... >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »

Question asked. Question answered.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: QUICK QUESTION: How do I receive ribbons I am qualified for?