Encampment Flying

Started by jfkspotting, July 13, 2017, 09:16:57 PM

What Type of Aircraft did you fly on this encampment?

C-17
0 (0%)
KC-135
0 (0%)
C-130 Family
0 (0%)
Uh-60 Blackhawk
1 (100%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

jfkspotting

Spam

You need to include options for "sims only" and "none whatsoever". GA Wing this week has no flight activity whatsoever.

Count yourself blessed if you have staff who do the footwork/put in the long hours to arrange for flying. (BTDT).

V/r
Spam

nomiddlemas

Quote from: Spam on July 13, 2017, 09:43:41 PM
You need to include options for "sims only" and "none whatsoever". GA Wing this week has no flight activity whatsoever.

Count yourself blessed if you have staff who do the footwork/put in the long hours to arrange for flying. (BTDT).

V/r
Spam
Haha rip GA wing. No one volunteer their plane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spam

Quote from: nomiddlemas on July 13, 2017, 09:59:47 PM

V/r
Spam

Cadet, my point was that it takes a lot of effort - weeks - to work with the liason officers, the unit commanders, the ops officers, and finally the aircrew assigned to arrange for that cool aircraft for you to take a half hour ride in. Two years ago I spent many, many hours and emails and phone calls to arrange for a brand new HC-130J Combat King II rescue aircraft to provide flights at the GA Wing encampment. In past years, every flight got hops in KC-135s, in UH-60s, or Chinooks zooming around with the ramps down. Not so this year, but we'll pivot to return to that in the future.

This isn't a rip, its a reminder to stop once in a while, and thank those encampment staffers and DoD/CAP pilots who actually take time to provide unique experiences (when available). Please don't go off "entitled" on us or start the chest thumping between Wings.

V/r
Spam

nomiddlemas

Quote from: Spam on July 13, 2017, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: nomiddlemas on July 13, 2017, 09:59:47 PM

V/r
Spam

Cadet, my point was that it takes a lot of effort - weeks - to work with the liason officers, the unit commanders, the ops officers, and finally the aircrew assigned to arrange for that cool aircraft for you to take a half hour ride in. Two years ago I spent many, many hours and emails and phone calls to arrange for a brand new HC-130J Combat King II rescue aircraft to provide flights at the GA Wing encampment. In past years, every flight got hops in KC-135s, in UH-60s, or Chinooks zooming around with the ramps down. Not so this year, but we'll pivot to return to that in the future.

This isn't a rip, its a reminder to stop once in a while, and thank those encampment staffers and DoD/CAP pilots who actually take time to provide unique experiences (when available). Please don't go off "entitled" on us or start the chest thumping between Wings.

V/r
Spam
I was just curious on what the situation was. I also am very thankful on every flight that I fly in, CAP or not. It was just a question and I apologize for making it sound different than my intention.