Vanguard selling new type of CAP Polo

Started by Ozzy, July 10, 2017, 07:35:20 PM

Ozzy

Hey All,  I was on Vanguard today looking to buy two polos for the upcoming encampment and I realized Vanguard is now selling another type of CAP Polo shirt that they say is part of the CAP Working uniform. Now normally I wouldn't be bothered, but it does seem to be different then the actual one specified in CAPM 39-1.

QuoteMale short sleeved blue tactical golf shirt, a.k.a. corporate working uniform shirt, with Civil Air Patrol (CAP) seal embroidered in full color on right side. With strategically placed mic clips and dual pen pockets. Built for performance, this snag-proof, moisture-wicking, odor-fighting shirt will keep you sharp and professional-looking. 6.6-ounce snag-proof polyester, Double-needle stitching throughout, Tag-free label, Flat knit collar, 3-button placket with dyed-to-match buttons, Mic clips at center placket and shoulders, Raglan sleeves, Reinforced dual pen pockets on left sleeve, Side vents, and Drop tail to stay tucked in.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Holding Pattern

I always wanted a tactical golf shirt...

jb512

Mine came in a couple of weeks ago. The material and cut are very nice but be warned that it runs big.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Pace

Now that looks nice. I might actually wear the Polo combo now.
Lt Col, CAP

Ozzy

Quote from: jb512 on July 10, 2017, 07:43:56 PM
Mine came in a couple of weeks ago. The material and cut are very nice but be warned that it runs big.

Welp, I bought two of them and had them customized... hope they aren't too big then! How long did it take you to get yours?
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

jb512

Quote from: Ozzy on July 10, 2017, 08:02:53 PM
Quote from: jb512 on July 10, 2017, 07:43:56 PM

Welp, I bought two of them and had them customized... hope they aren't too big then! How long did it take you to get yours?

I had mine customized also and I think it only took a couple of weeks if I remember correctly. They are definitely worth the extra cost.

Paul Creed III

Quote from: Mordecai on July 10, 2017, 07:37:39 PM
I always wanted a tactical golf shirt...

Does that mean one has to wear tactical pants with the tactical polo?

/s
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Huey Driver

I definitely recommend one size down. Mine's like 1.5 sizes too large.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Paul Creed III

Quote from: Nor'easter on July 11, 2017, 12:53:20 PM
I definitely recommend one size down. Mine's like 1.5 sizes too large.

How does the fabric compare to the polos from vendors like Under Armor or Nike?
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

zippity

Nice, there's a women's version too. Who wants to be the guinea pig to check the sizing? (I would but I've already blown my birthday money.)  ;D

Phillip

It looks like a 5.11 brand polo.  If it is, the sizing can be a bit weird.  I have two 5.11 polos, one medium and one large.  The medium is a bit tight, but not uncomfortable.  The large feels like an extra large.  If I were to have a choice, I'd go with a Propper ICE polo, as their medium seems to be just right.  Unfortunately, they don't offer the proper (no pun intended) shade of blue.
Captain

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on July 10, 2017, 07:45:23 PM
It's about time they got rid of the old-man pocket,....

Huh?  Hope not! I need to go look and order a couple extras with pocket before they run out. That pocket is where my cell phone stays while flying!
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

etodd

It's about time they got rid of the old-man pocket, and made these things out of modern materials.

^^^^^ Thats the 'tactical' version. Appears to be a darker blue.

They still have the regular version with pocket:

https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/civil-air-patrol-male-golf-shirt-with-seal-uniform?variant=1153574684
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

68w20

Quote from: etodd on July 12, 2017, 12:20:38 AM
It's about time they got rid of the old-man pocket, and made these things out of modern materials.

^^^^^ Thats the 'tactical' version. Appears to be a darker blue.

They still have the regular version with pocket:

https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/civil-air-patrol-male-golf-shirt-with-seal-uniform?variant=1153574684

The tactical version is pretty dark.  I saw one at a squadron meeting recently and legitimately thought that the member had had the seal embroidered on a self-purchased black polo.

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on July 12, 2017, 12:16:57 AM
It's about time they got rid of the old-man pocket,....

Huh?  Hope not! I need to go look and order a couple extras with pocket before they run out. That pocket is where my cell phone stays while flying!

I have no doubt of that whatsoever...

"That Others May Zoom"

N6RVT

Quote from: 68w20 on July 13, 2017, 01:48:58 AM
The tactical version is pretty dark.  I saw one at a squadron meeting recently and legitimately thought that the member had had the seal embroidered on a self-purchased black polo.

Sounds like LAPD blue.  I just ordered one, so when it arrives I will do a side-by-side photo comparison and if I come up with anything significant I will post the pictures here.

Phillip

Quote from: N6RVT on July 13, 2017, 09:36:04 AM
Sounds like LAPD blue.

I just had a quick look at 5.11's website and you're right.  Technically, they call it "Dark Navy" but is basically the same.

I really like this tactical polo variant and gladly purchase one even though I just bought an new "official" polo a few months ago.  I'm concerned though that this new polo has just quietly shown up on Vanguards site without so much as a peep out of National about it.
Captain

NIN

Quote from: Phillip on July 13, 2017, 03:40:10 PM
I'm concerned though that this new polo has just quietly shown up on Vanguards site without so much as a peep out of National about it.

Scuttlebutt says that an update to 39-1 to allow this is "in the works," but the Vanguard side was ready before the CAP side. Or something like that.

strictly scuttlebutt, mind you.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

chuckmilam

Quote from: NIN on July 13, 2017, 04:48:15 PM...the Vanguard side was ready before the CAP side.

Something, something, cart before horse, something.