Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 10:05:58 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Logistics Technician Rating
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Logistics Technician Rating  (Read 495 times)
Devil Doc
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: MER-NC-162

« on: June 21, 2017, 12:24:45 PM »

Hello, I have been an TO for going on 4 years now, and never achieved my Technician Rating for Logistics. My question is.... as a TO do I have to learn all of the Task of a Logistics officer, or just the task assigned as the TO? When you look at the checklist it states things like Property Management, issue expendable or non expendable items. As a TO we don't deal with any of that. Any help?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »

My question is.... as a TO do I have to learn all of the Task of a Logistics officer, or just the task assigned as the TO? When you look at the checklist it states things like Property Management, issue expendable or non expendable items. As a TO we don't deal with any of that. Any help?

Yes - at a minimum you have to demonstrate knowledge of the process and procures for the entire specialty track checklist.

You can serve as a TO as one of the qualifying positions, but to complete the rating you have to know everything about property management.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Devil Doc
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: MER-NC-162

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »

Ok, thank you for your enlightenment Eclipse.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Logistics Technician Rating