Cadets PT subpar?

Started by At.Ease, June 13, 2017, 04:20:24 AM

At.Ease

Fun fact: CAP PT stands for Pathetic Training. Why does no one improve the program to more stringent requirements so that we don't have C/TSGt Jabba the Hutts walking around setting an awful example?

SarDragon

Well, you have identified a problem. Do you have a possible plan to fix it?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

dwb

This is your very first post on CAP Talk? Way to make a good impression.

At.Ease

Thank you. I was told by my peers that CAP Talk was a place for lazy senior members obsessed with their CAP life but not looking to actually put out. I didn't think they were right. Apparently they knew what they were talking about. I'm not here for a "good impression".  This program is sinking and I'll either stop it or help it burn.

At.Ease

Quote from: SarDragon on June 13, 2017, 04:23:39 AM

Add 30 reps to every standard would be the easy way. Scale upwards by 50-65% would be another way.

Alaric

Quote from: At.Ease on June 13, 2017, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on June 13, 2017, 04:23:39 AM

Add 30 reps to every standard would be the easy way. Scale upwards by 50-65% would be another way.

I presume you are just here trolling but if you are serious, send your suggestions into nationals as a change to the cadet program standards  be sure to actually document the reason for the changes and perhaps they can be made.  Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.

THRAWN

Classy. Screenshots of this thread and your profile sent to your wing king. Expect a call.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

At.Ease

You're the one blowing smoke. Good luck finding me.

jeders

Quote from: At.Ease on June 13, 2017, 01:34:59 PM
You're the one blowing smoke. Good luck finding me.

Found.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

THRAWN

Took about 8 seconds. Dave, can you lock this?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: At.Ease on June 13, 2017, 01:17:49 PM
Thank you. I was told by my peers that CAP Talk was a place for lazy senior members obsessed with their CAP life but not looking to actually put out. I didn't think they were right. Apparently they knew what they were talking about. I'm not here for a "good impression".  This program is sinking and I'll either stop it or help it burn.

Thanks for the entertainment! To be a fly on the wall for the incoming conversation...

County

Underneath his "posts count" there is a unit description with two characters. What do those indicate as I'm unfamiliar with those?
TSgt

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: County on June 13, 2017, 02:34:11 PM
Underneath his "posts count" there is a unit description with two characters. What do those indicate as I'm unfamiliar with those?

They don't mean anything. Just emojis.

County

TSgt

Commo

Quote from: At.Ease on June 13, 2017, 01:17:49 PM

I suspect I'm being trolled here, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt (and for the benefit of those that follow).

I am likely the newest member here, and I find captalk valuable for the frank feedback.  Some is positive.  More is constructively critical.  Yes, some is negatively critical with any constructive action to take (e.g., "help it burn").

As an unofficial forum, captalk is useful to discuss real problems, and real ways to perform function XXX better (regardless of whether XXX was done poorly, just all right, or well: that's the point of an AAR).  I've received valuable feedback, publicly and privately, as I sought to learn more about CAP, its missions, and its history.

If you see a problem, step up and be a leader.  Personally, I'd do some research into the history of the problem before charging in like a bull in a china shop, but if you see yourself as a leader, then step up.  If the problem is that the standard isn't being met, then step up, lead PT, and exceed the standard as leading from the front.  If the standard is too low, then... well, start by doing the same as above: step up, lead PT, exceed the standard for your squadron.

That applies to any shortcoming, in any organization:  CAP, business, family, church, etc.

Leadership cannot be done as an armchair quarterback.

Commo

NIN

User status: "Banned"

That'll about cover the fly-by.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Holding Pattern

Well that is one way to become an anecdote...

Luis R. Ramos

Banned.

Now this is a real Fun Fact!

>:D
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SarDragon

Repeat violator. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret