NYWG Receives $300,000 from NY State, Buys REDBIRD Flight Simulator

Started by Ozzy, June 10, 2017, 03:55:50 AM

Ozzy

News Release: New funding in the 2017-18 New York State Budget will support the operations of the Civil Air Patrol's New York Wing (CAP). CAP announced Thursday that the budget, passed by the State Legislature in April, includes $300,000 for a variety of renovations, new equipment, and enhanced programs for the 2,300 members and cadets of New York Wing's 69 units...

More info here: http://www.nywcap.org/news/NewYorkWingCivilAirPatrolReceives300000fromNYSBudget.pdf

-----
Looks like the model that they are getting is the FMX-E . Gotta love new expensive toys, I just hope the whole wing will get to use this, not just one area.... only time will tell.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

dwb

This is awesome news!

Quote from: Ozzy on June 10, 2017, 03:55:50 AMI just hope the whole wing will get to use this, not just one area.... only time will tell.

The sim will be housed at my old stomping grounds. I was the group commander when we designated that building as the NYWG Cadet Educational Center. I still know a lot of the people there.

All of this is to say -- they want this facility to be used. The wing commander wants it, the group commander wants it. There is a long history of bringing people from all across the state to Hancock for training. I'm sure they would love to have you.

I visit Central NY a couple times a year to see my family. Maybe I'll pack a uniform on my next trip up there... 8)

vesryn

Super excited for this. Shame that I'm moving away from CNYG this summer.
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

Pylon

That's good news for NY!

NYWG does indeed have some nice facilities at CNYG thanks to a very close, long-standing relationship with the NYANG. Bonus points because it is geographically located right around the centerpoint of the state.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP