ICAO Flight Plans

Started by scooter, May 31, 2017, 10:28:44 PM

scooter

Thought for sure we would start using ICAO flight plans next week but FAA delayed again. This got me looking for info on the plans and wondering if National will put out info on CAP aircraft data for ICAO FPs. S From what I learned CAP aircraft will need tailnumber specific data in some blocks.  ADS-B will also create some new codes for us as well as transmitting the aircraft CAP call sign not tail#. So far have not found anything about this from national other than the new xpdrs/GPS for us.

etodd

Quote from: scooter on May 31, 2017, 10:28:44 PM

ADS-B will also create some new codes for us as well as transmitting the aircraft CAP call sign not tail#.

Our newly installed ADS-B has been set to transmit the tail number and not the call sign.  But if a flight plan is being used, Wing has asked us to enter the CAP Call Sign in the Remarks section.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

scooter

Interesting! So what shows up on ADSB info for other aircraft and ATC radar is the tail number, correct?

goblin

Flying around today I saw two CAP planes doing O Flights... one showed up on ADS as N000CP and the other as CAP000 (forgot the actual numbers)

Very interesting and cool to see