Main Menu

Fundraising Snap Raise

Started by flyboy_x, May 21, 2017, 11:13:28 PM

flyboy_x

Has anyone used Snap-Raise.com for fundraising.  Would section 12 of the CAP REGULATION 173-4 apply in this case?  I know some sports teams that rely exclusively on this program for their fundraising needs.

All that is required is for participants to supply snap-raise with 20 emails or more each.  Emails are sent to potential donors and then they are brought to the specific campaign site and donate their money to the group.  Your unit can make a lot of money doing this.

My question is, why does CAP prohibit the use of percentage based professional fundraisers?

SarDragon

To answer your last Q - because they frequently take a huge portion of the funds raised.

To answer the other one, CAPR 173-4 applies for all fund raising.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: kcarlson on May 21, 2017, 11:13:28 PM

My question is, why does CAP prohibit the use of percentage based professional fundraisers?

Oh, my guess would be...probably because most of them are blood sucking annoying leeches that keep way more than they turn over, while incessantly bothering people so much that that their tactics would give CAP a seriously damaged reputation.

But that's just a guess.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

flyboy_x

Ah.. good point.  I can see why CAP might want to keep the fundraising efforts local in order to keep it under control. 

Thanks

Pylon

Quote from: kcarlson on May 21, 2017, 11:13:28 PMMy question is, why does CAP prohibit the use of percentage based professional fundraisers?

Percentage-based fundraising is, simply put, just unethical. The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), a (inter)national professional organization setting the industry standards and best practices, has long included a prohibition on fundraising professionals being compensated by percentage of contributions in their Code of Ethics (see #21).

This document by AFP, Frequently Asked Questions about Fundraising Ethics, goes into more detail as to why percentage-based fundraiser compensation is considered unethical.

However, percentage-based compensation should not be understood to prohibit the paying of reasonable and near-universal transactional and service fees by a payment processor or financial institution handling donations.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP