Is CEAP covering NESA fees again this year?

Started by xray328, March 20, 2017, 01:43:41 PM

xray328

We got notification that NESA was being covered under CEAP last year a few days before the start of the activity. Has anyone heard anything about that for this year? If so, I'd like to get the word out to encourage attendance.

Thanks!

Ned

We have not yet reached a final decision concerning whether to expend any FY 2017 CEAP funds on NESA.

As you know, CEAP funds are given generously by our AF colleagues for the specific purpose of assisting needy cadets attend a wing encampment.  We work very hard to responsibly expend the funds for that purpose.

That said, in the past couple of years, we have also been able to identify a very small amount of "left over" funding to assist a few NESA attendees.  And we are happy to do that rather than return the money to the AF.  (And they are OK with it, provided we have no remaining encampment needs.)

But it is important to remember that any NESA use of the funds is entirely secondary to the primary purpose - getting needy cadets to encampment.  In any given year it is entirely possible that we will not have the ability to provide any NESA-related funding.  We encourage early applications for encampment CEAP funding to allow us to gauge the extent (if any) of potential NESA funding.

This is a very long way of saying that it is too early to know how much, if any, NESA funding there may be.  I don't want to raise anyone's hopes too high at this point.

Ned Lee
Col, CAP
National Cadet Program Manager

husker

And note that NESA has it's own scholarship program - two of them to be exact.

http://nesa.cap.gov/scholarship/

For the past few years, I have not filled our kitchen scholarships until very late in the process.  I have several open right now.

Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov