Aerospace Technology Badge

Started by DJ Light Chop, January 04, 2017, 05:10:46 AM

DJ Light Chop

Anyone have any information about where to get the Aerospace Technology Cadet badges?  I just found out about this program recently (but I guess its been around since 2013).  Vanguard doesn't sell them, and most of the seniors I've mentioned it to have never heard it of.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/INCENTIVES_for_CADET_PARTICIPATION__76C68224D02B5.pdf

LSThiker

DJ Light Chop

OOPS.

Copy/Paste error.  I meant to type this.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/INCENTIVES_for_CADET_PARTICIPATION__76C68224D02B5.pdf

That other thing was a chaplain's lesson from the 70s that I was sending someone to show how much the CD things have changed over the years.

SarDragon

This appears to be an unimplemented proposal. Until such time as there is an encompassing regulation, it will remain such.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jeders

Quote from: DJ Light Chop on January 04, 2017, 05:10:46 AM
Anyone have any information about where to get the Aerospace Technology Cadet badges?  I just found out about this program recently (but I guess its been around since 2013).  Vanguard doesn't sell them, and most of the seniors I've mentioned it to have never heard it of.

This is just a white paper, a proposal; nothing more. Until national decides to move forward with it, which I think they've already changed direction on from this white paper, it isn't a thing.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

HGjunkie

The wings are interesting. They seem extremely similar to the AD badges though (I know this is just a proposal). A more distinctive look would be to model after the Academy cyber and space wings - the designs are close but different enough to tell apart from each other. For reference:

Space:

Cyber:

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DJ Light Chop

What's strange is that I was first told about this by a Wing Commander who told me they've been issued before, and then I've had 2 different cadets who said they've seen other cadets wearing them.  Perhaps it's a pilot program or something.

DakRadz

I actually really like this idea. Like it or not, badges work. They are a good draw, though the program itself must keep cadets interested.

(i.e. we have trouble getting Cyber Patriot "sold" to the cadets [a separate issue being handled], but a badge might draw them in so they learn that some really do enjoy it)

Paul Creed III

Quote from: DakRadz on January 04, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
I actually really like this idea. Like it or not, badges work. They are a good draw, though the program itself must keep cadets interested.

(i.e. we have trouble getting Cyber Patriot "sold" to the cadets [a separate issue being handled], but a badge might draw them in so they learn that some really do enjoy it)

A badge is one of the NHQ Cyber Team's initiatives: http://cap-cyber.org/index.php/initiatives/cadet-cyber-badge.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

NC Hokie

Quote from: DakRadz on January 04, 2017, 04:00:15 PM

Have your cadets seen the SWAG bag that participants get?  The t-shirt (that we let them wear on PT nights) and computer stuff is good, but my cadets really like the challenge coin that they get.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

DJ Light Chop

FYI I was able to contact someone at national.  The badge is not available yet (and the design and name have changed).  But they believe it will be approved for award to cadets this year.

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/News_Innovations_16c_Handout__Low_2856BE84CC971.pdf

Eclipse

There is a >lot< in that document that seems to have escaped general notice.

Minimum grade(s) for cadet staff position.

CPFT changes to include required participation beyond testing, not to mention a Health Fitness "zone" required
above WB and tracked by the respective cadet.

Cadet Fitness badge.

Academic excellence badge.

Cyber and stem badges

New emphasis on "cyber" on "par with aviation and space education".

Additional AE requirement for Curry.

Changes to SDAs.

With that said, much is indicated as "proposed" or uses terms like "before year's end", neither of which happened any more then
the new CPFT would be implemented "by the end of summer".

"That Others May Zoom"

Toad1168

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 04, 2017, 03:20:03 PM
The wings are interesting. They seem extremely similar to the AD badges though (I know this is just a proposal). A more distinctive look would be to model after the Academy cyber and space wings - the designs are close but different enough to tell apart from each other. For reference:

Space:

Cyber:

Kinda looks Star Trekky....

[removed duplicate huge pics]
Toad