How to get out of Trainee Status into GTM 3

Started by chaser430, November 07, 2016, 04:08:14 PM

chaser430

Good Morning all:

Myself and several other members have completed all the GTM 3 and ICUT required trainings- we are green lighted across the board 40 out of 40- BUT we are still in a training/trainee status.
I am the ES officer for my squadron- I am also green lighted on the following:
CAP Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge
CAP Basic Ground Team Badge
CAP Emergency Services Patch

How can I get eservices to show that we are good to go and not in training status anymore?

Thanks!

husker

Are you pending approval at the unit or wing level?
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

chaser430

Lt Col:
I do not believe so sir- I can see it is green lighted throughout eservices- all 40 are green lighted. Is there a specific area to see if its awaiting wing or national?

husker

More than likely, one of two things are happening:  1) You are pending an approval at some echelon, or 2) You are hit by an OpsQual bug that I see on very rare occasions.

If you PM your CAPID to me, I can take a look for you.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Luis R. Ramos

I will send you later private email.

At this time-11:40 EST you are still in training.

You submitted the SQTR but eServices states it is waiting to be approved by:

1. Your unit commander or unit ES person.
2. Your Group commander or ES person.
3. Your Wing commander or ES person.

You have to look at your SQTR online.

You will see a box stating "Training." Above this another says "Pending Approval." If you click in this "Pending," you will have a message stating who has to approve next.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

chaser430

Hi Sir:
I actually resubmitted the SQTR GTM 3 thinking that might push it to go through- that's the one that's awaiting approval- should I resubmit for everyone waiting to see if it will push it past trainee status?

Luis R. Ramos

Do not resubmit it. Contact your commander through your unit chain of command. Remind him/her to check his validations/approvals messages.

Maybe Husker has a different suggestion...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

LSThiker

Quote from: chaser430 on November 07, 2016, 04:08:14 PM
I am also green lighted on the following:
CAP Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge
CAP Basic Ground Team Badge
CAP Emergency Services Patch

Just to make sure you understand, these are all different.  More importantly, the requirements for ES Badge are not the same as the ES Patch.  The ES Badge is obtained by completing the Senior Member ES Specialty Technician Qualification (CAPP 213).   

chaser430

Yes thank you LST hiker-
I went through the regs on these over and over and over since I'm the ES Officer and that's my specialty track. I'm just confused as to why the trainee status hasn't come off the SQTR GTM 3 entry.

Eclipse

Assuming this is for the initial qual, how can you be "green lighted" on the GT badge, but still in
trainee status on the qualification?

"That Others May Zoom"

chaser430

Because its not right in eservices- I have completed all of the required tasked and am all green- it just hasn't switched over to GTM 3 not trainee- I put in a ticket with eservices to see why.

RogueLeader

Quote from: chaser430 on November 07, 2016, 05:52:36 PM
Because its not right in eservices- I have completed all of the required tasked and am all green- it just hasn't switched over to GTM 3 not trainee- I put in a ticket with eservices to see why.

The tasks show up as green because they have been validated by the Skills Evaluator.  That is a separate process than certification.  Now it is up to the Commanders (usually delegated to ES Staff) to verify that the entire SQTR meets the standards in CAPR 60-3. before final approval that takes the trainee status of off your 101 card.

Some issues that can come up, and thus delay approval: Dates are out of sequence, mission numbers listed don't match WIMRS, Sortie Numbers don't match WIMRS, etc.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: chaser430 on November 07, 2016, 05:52:36 PMI have completed all of the required tasked and am all green- it just hasn't switched over to GTM 3 not trainee-

Understood, but whomever approved the badge was supposed to wait until you weren't a trainee.

Quote from: chaser430 on November 07, 2016, 05:39:12 PMsince I'm the ES Officer

This may well be the issue - you can't self-certify or approve and eServices has some odd loops occasionally.  It's especially
an issue for commanders, who many times find themselves locked in a "can't approve, won't move up loop" only an admin can fix.

You may want to review your tasks to insure nothing is stuck in that fashion and they are actually all green.

"That Others May Zoom"

Damron

The most common cause of "training" status for GTM3 is missing IS100/IS700 documentation. 

Shieldel

FEMA IS100 and FEMA IS700 courses are online Independent Study courses that can be completed, well, online hah. Check your 101 and make sure you have them checked off.
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Jester

Quote from: Eclipse on November 07, 2016, 07:43:56 PM

Understood, but whomever approved the badge was supposed to wait until you weren't a trainee.

Where does the badge show up when it's submitted or approved?  In the little trophy area of eservices like ribbons, or just in the badge app in ops quals?

Eclipse

Quote from: Jester on November 08, 2016, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 07, 2016, 07:43:56 PM

Where does the badge show up when it's submitted or approved?  In the little trophy area of eservices like ribbons, or just in the badge app in ops quals?

It / they show(s) as an "Achievement" in the member search area in addition to the badge app in Ops Quals.

"That Others May Zoom"

chaser430

Yes my Emergency Services Badge is green lighted- my Ground team is now in a pending status awaiting Commander and Wing Approvals.

RogueLeader

Quote from: chaser430 on November 10, 2016, 08:51:06 PM
Yes my Emergency Services Badge is green lighted- my Ground team is now in a pending status awaiting Commander and Wing Approvals.

If this is your first Specialty Qualification, unfortunately you do not rate the Emergency Services Badge.  You must be qualified for one year in any ES Specialty prior to attaining a Technician Rating in ES (allows for ES Badge.)  See CAPP 213, page 2, third objective.  If this isn't your first, and have meet all the criteria set forth in CAPP 213, please disregard.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

chaser430

Sorry Rogue:
My brain is fried from working too much- the patch- I was green lighted for the Emergency services patch- like the dog one. I am waiting on approval for the Ground team GTM 3 sign off so I can request the Ground team insignia for the bdu.

RogueLeader

Gotcha, you still have to be approved (not in training) before you can wear that patch too.  I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news  :(  but more sorry that your Chain of Command slipped up and approved things before they should have.   >:( >:( >:(
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

chaser430

Weird because the Wing ES Officer took back a couple of approvals but left mine because I am also CERT certified so that qualified as the 2nd specialty.
One thing I figured with CAP is the C in CAP stands for Change lol

RogueLeader

If you got CERT (as much as i don't like it) then you do rightfully qualify for the ES patch, and the approval was appropriate.  My apologies for assuming that GT would have been your first one.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340