Active Duty Obesity Statistics

Started by winterg, October 10, 2016, 01:06:52 PM

JC004

We talk about this in the Selective Service System.  There's A LOT....A LOT....of people who are not qualified to join the military, or in our case, draft.

SarDragon

As someone who was actively involved in the draft a whole bunch of years ago, qualifications/standards for induction varied from month to month, and even week to week, depending on quotas. Quotas get met - the bar goes up; quotas not get met - bar goes down. The same thing happened for other enlistment type fields, particularly Army helicopter pilots. The variable standard was mostly vision for them.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on October 16, 2016, 04:06:11 AM
As someone who was actively involved in the draft a whole bunch of years ago, qualifications/standards for induction varied from month to month, and even week to week, depending on quotas. Quotas get met - the bar goes up; quotas not get met - bar goes down. The same thing happened for other enlistment type fields, particularly Army helicopter pilots. The variable standard was mostly vision for them.

Yeah, if you were correctable to 20/20, you were good to go.

SarDragon

At a couple of points in the  Vietnam War timeline, you didn't even need to be fully corrected.

Sent from my phone.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Date of Registration: 5/21/2008

A few days past 90 days two months past the 30 day period after turning 18, but these days it doesn't seem like there is an active push to get men registered...I read about it, and did it online, myself.

Now that I'm over 26, guess my lotto days are over.

RogueLeader

Quote from: USACAP on October 15, 2016, 04:42:06 AM
I am not sure we can do that - have an adult conversation about anything in #America2016.
Everything is political now. 
The US military is presently obsessed with denying the sexual dimorphism inherent in the human race.
Standards can only be lowered now, never raised nor improved.

Quote from: winterg on October 10, 2016, 01:06:52 PM
...how we can revive a more health concious culture in today's society. 

Fortunately, most of the people in my AOR understand and live the Core Values, and understands the limitations that they have.  The mutual respect goes along ways.  In those few cases where they don't want to hear that they aren't qualified for a GT Mission- its odd that their phone never rings.  Weird.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340