Two options for PDF creation that don't break the bank

Started by Eclipse, August 15, 2016, 01:23:18 AM

Eclipse

I used it a bunch in the past as well, especially with XP.  Now that Windows and Chrome have native
PDF rendering, don't need it.

Also, for those of you using Gdocs, there's a mobile widget that will scan files directly into Gdocs, which you can
then move to other folders, sign, merge, or whatever you can do within your Google Space.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Quote from: Eclipse on August 15, 2016, 11:18:16 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on August 15, 2016, 10:43:09 PM
You are quite mistaken. I have TechSoup accounts for a squadron and another non-profit I'm associated with. Both have multiple Acrobat licenses, which were $45 at the time.

I don't have any way to dispute that one way or another other then to quote what is on their site. 
Depending on how long ago that was may be the difference.  Acrobat's site is indicating XI is only available
as a subscription, which would bring this back to the admin fee + the monthly charge.

However the CAP notebook on my desk is running a standalone version of XI Pro that was presumably
an OEM license from Dell with the machine.

If it works for you, or anyone else, great.

I finally got around to checking the TechSoup website. Again, you are mistaken. The only Adobe products offered on a subscription basis are cloud-based products. Acrobat XI Pro is available for a one time fee of $55. Microsoft Office is available for $29.

At these prices, I simply don't understand why people are screwing around with freeware and Open Office.

Eclipse

I tried to register, and there are already three orgs under the CAP EIN, ALWG, NESA, and NHQ, without the
association code, I can't go any further.

I've sent an email to the CAP program officer to get the skinny.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Individual units can sign up for accounts, my wing has at least 8, including duplication (Капитан Хаткевич, your unit has two).
I'm waiting for qualification after the association.  The issue was that I entered a zip code when I did the search,
just enter your state, and if you don't see an account for your squadron, you can register a new one, which
then takes up to 10 days to be qualified.

Now that I'm back in there, I recall doing this before, some things were of significant value, others had costs
associated with "free", depends on what you're asking for.   I recall not needing much the last go round,
don't see anything this time, either, however it's a "nice-to-have" regardless.

The majority are "donations" from the various OEMs, what you pay is the admin fee to TS for the connection to the
donation.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

I received my qualification notice today - I don't actually have anything I / we need, but it's another too in the tool box.

"That Others May Zoom"