Main Menu

Corporate Field Uniform

Started by pfdore, July 11, 2016, 03:45:01 PM

pfdore

I do not meet the weight requirements for the standard Air Force  BDUs/ABUs, leaving me with no choice but to wear the Corporate Field Uniform (and yes, I am working with my doc on the weight issue).  Vanguard only provides a winter weight version of this uniform, as does Propper.  This is great for winter, but I live in the South. I am also a ground pounder.  During summer, combined with the mandatory black t-shirt (I wonder what genius thought wearing black or any dark color during the summer is a good idea), I feel like a baked potato.    I might as well wrap myself in tinfoil and be just as miserable.   Is there a summer weight/ hotter than Hades  version of the Corporate Field Uniform available and where can I get it?

Thanks!

capmaj

Not sure where you're getting the info that Propper only sells a "winter weight version" of their BDU's? The uniform can be found in cotton, poly/cotten blend and ripstop.

Hope this helps.

LTC Don

Plenty of fabric options on through this vendor, previously known as bdu.com:

Lowers:  http://tacticalgear.com/military-uniform-pants?kwid=519
Uppers:  http://tacticalgear.com/military-uniform-shirts?kwid=519

Don't feel 'obligated' to lose weight just to fit into the  mil-spec uniforms.  I think you'll find over time, the corporate uniforms are quite a bit more comfortable to wear.  If you need to lose the weight due to health issues, by all means move forward to that end.  I find myself wearing the polo combination more and more.

Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

winterg

I have the summer weight rip stop BBDU by Proper. So they do make them. Try this site:

www.bdu.com

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Майор Хаткевич

docrameous

Quote from: LTC Don on July 11, 2016, 04:44:50 PM
Don't feel 'obligated' to lose weight just to fit into the  mil-spec uniforms.  I think you'll find over time, the corporate uniforms are quite a bit more comfortable to wear.  If you need to lose the weight due to health issues, by all means move forward to that end.  I find myself wearing the polo combination more and more.

I've got the new ABUs and the older BDUs, but generally find for UDF and Disaster Work that I prefer the Blue Corporate BDU for community response work.

SARDOC

I've crept out of USAF H/W Standards a while ago.  That being said, even if I was within standards, I would still opt for the corporate field uniform.  I had a bunch left over from when I used to do Urban Search and Rescue work and it just worked out real well.  Especially, since now we can update to the Navy Blue nametapes...Etc.  It looks very professional and we blend with some of our Emergency Services cohorts.  At least in my neck of the woods.

tribalelder

I meet fitness and grooming but prefer BBDU

1) you can dress for the weather easier and more economically-your down parka will go to -15. You don't need to buy uniform outerwear that you'd otherwise use 12 times in a decade.
2) you can get zipperfly blue Bdu, if you'd prefer--I don't expect another member to check for 39-1's specified buttons.
3) you can wear your Velcro grandpa shoes.
4) not all of us choose the active duty look. I'm past active duty age, and I think sometimes old guys look silly or like wannabe's in BDU or ABU.

WE ARE HERE ON CAPTALK BECAUSE WE ALL CARE ABOUT THE PROGRAM. We may not always agree and we should not always agree.  One of our strengths as an organization is that we didn't all go to the same school, so we all know how to do something different and differently. 
Since we all care about CAP, its members and our missions, sometimes our discussions will be animated, but they should always civil -- after all, it's in our name.

County

I agree with everything stated above. If you want to work on your weight for your health, go for it. If being able to wear the ABU uniform is incentive to reach your goal of CAP H/W standards than go for it.

Just don't think that your service is diminished or that your lesser committed to the aims and goals of CAP because your not wearing a USAF uniform.

BTW, I rock the Corporates. G/W, Golf shirt and BBDU's. I meet the H/W just not the grooming standard. It becomes comical when you see those particular Senior Members almost bursting out of their USAF uniforms. The corporates give you some flexibility. Good luck.
TSgt

SKYKING607

Here is California, our GT's are sporting Orange shirts and dark navy BDU's trousers.   

To our colleague in the South.....suggest an undershirt that's made by Under Armor that's designed for heat (hot weather).

/mc
CAWG Career Captain

stillamarine

Quote from: SKYKING607 on January 20, 2017, 12:43:37 AM
Here is California, our GT's are sporting Orange shirts and dark navy BDU's trousers.   

To our colleague in the South.....suggest an undershirt that's made by Under Armor that's designed for heat (hot weather).

/mc

When did that get approved again. Last word was that it was no longer approved.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

PHall

Quote from: SKYKING607 on January 20, 2017, 12:43:37 AM

/mc

Uh, no they're not. The current Wing Commander eliminated the California Wing Supplement to the 39-1 which was the authorization to wear the "California Wing Ground Team Uniform". He also put out a directive banning said "uniform". You show up at search base in that uniform you will be told to change or go home.

SarDragon

Yeah, that happened some time, during Col Stokes' tenure as wing commander. You're way behind.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on January 20, 2017, 04:53:32 AM
Yeah, that happened some time, during Col Stokes' tenure as wing commander. You're way behind.

No Dave, it was one of Col Ferguson's first acts after he took command. He's never been a fan of CalTrans Orange.

SarDragon

Oh, OK. I can't find the announcement in my email, so thought it might have been a Stokes dictum.

Sent from my phone.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARDOC

Quote from: PHall on January 20, 2017, 05:04:55 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on January 20, 2017, 04:53:32 AM

No Dave, it was one of Col Ferguson's first acts after he took command. He's never been a fan of CalTrans Orange.

I thought that uniform was a requirement by the state for those performing search and rescue tasks.  Is that not the case?

SarDragon

Preferred, not required.

Sent from my phone.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret