Main Menu

Was I out of line?

Started by Holding Pattern, July 05, 2016, 04:39:55 PM

Holding Pattern

Quote from: RRLE on July 07, 2016, 02:37:00 AM
I'll make this simple since it appears they are about to lock the thread.

Neither the OP, Luis or anyone else has shown, despite several requests, that the OP's original intimidating behavior toward the photographer was in any way in comportment with CAP values etc. It hasn't been done, because it can't be done. If it could be done, someone would have done it by now.

I must have missed that request... but just throwing this out there... there are few "reasonable persons" that are going to draw a gun when there are cops... right there. Not to mention that "angry face" has a rather wide range and I suppose I could have put something that wouldn't be misconstrued as "threatening" such as "extreme paternal disapproval" but I wasn't terrifically loquacious at the time I made the original post.

RRLE, I would like to think that my original action was within the core value of respect, specifically, for the person on the ground who couldn't defend themselves from being treated as an object to tweet about. I didn't think I needed to state that, as I guessed that was obvious. However, in addition to you not being there and not being a member of CAP, I'm going to take your concern over me via your selective reading in that context as well.

Have a nice day.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: RRLE on July 07, 2016, 02:20:18 AM
Luis, FWIW I am not a member of CAP. I joined this board years ago when I was invited to because members here were misstating facts about another organization I belonged to. I have hung around ever since. So in that context I am not bound by CAP values.

Second, nice dodge again. The issue is the intimidating interaction between the OP/Prep and his victim, the photographer. Are you trying to claim that the OP was showing him respect? What respect was shown the victim's rights as a person doing a lawful activity in a lawful place. That is the original question posed by the OP. I think even the mods would like us to focus on that.

Holy cpar! You have 444 posts on a CAP discussion board and have NEVER belonged to CAP? That's...uh...dedication?...of a most unusual sort. And I say unusual because I didn't want to say "borderline creepy."

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Pace

If I were the victim, I would have appreciated what you did.

*lock*
Lt Col, CAP