Cadet Service Cap

Started by Spartan 92458-37017-EB, June 26, 2016, 11:05:58 PM

Chappie

Of all the uniform accessories we have in CAP, the service cap -- at least for me -- is rarely worn.  I can think of maybe 5 times a year where I need to wear the "farts and darts" -- and then only with the service jacket.   Other than that, the flight cap is worn the most and the service cap sits in a box stored in the closet.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: kwe1009 on June 27, 2016, 10:53:28 PM
Besides all of the negatives that everyone here has already expressed, this is a uniform item that very few in the Air Force even own, much less wear.  It is extraordinarily rare to see an Air Force member wear the service cap.  It actually stopped being an issued item a long time ago. 

The flight cap is the easiest to maintain by far.  Try tucking a service cap in your belt!

Only Ma Blue 0-4s (major) and higher are required to purchase the bus driver cap (with farts and darts). Females may now wear the male service cap and flight cap instead of the female versions.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

LATORRECA

Its your right as cadet officer. RHP however, make sure it doesn't interfere with your wing, group, and/or squadron uniform policy. Some wings and lower organization may put a uniformity policy on what head gear you can use according to the occasion. I prefer the flight caps.
     Also, before you commit yourself to buy it, make sure you pass the Mitchell test. Good luck with you test and stay motivated.