Maj Gen Pineda's Video Invitation to the National Boards

Started by Pylon, May 23, 2007, 03:41:21 PM

Pylon

Has anybody seen it yet?

mms://wm.vitalstreamcdn.com/civilairpatrolnhq_vitalstream_com/2007%20SB%20Email%202.wmv

It showed up in my inbox a few minutes ago.  The email can be read here and uses a new "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" header.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Yes - please Lord, don't let "Citizens Serving Communities" be our new motto.

The fact that he trips over "Missions For America" tells me they want to back off that catch phrase.

The logo looks like the announcement for a grade-school bake sale.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP428

Quote from: Eclipse on May 23, 2007, 04:45:48 PM
The fact that he trips over "Missions For America" tells me they want to back off that catch phrase.

That would be fine with me.  I've always been a fan of slogans that were catchy or unique, not literal statements of what we do  ::) .

jimmydeanno

Aarg...it reminded me of the CPPT video with the cue cards...

"Hi, I'm [looks at cue card] John, here to [looks at cue card] talk about [looks at cue card] Cadet [cue card] Protection er um Training.  For the next 4 hours..."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

LtCol White

I agree. What the hell does that background have to do with us other than it says CAP? That is embarassing, juvenile, and tacky.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Smokey

***SUCKS*** is the thought that comes to mind.  That header/logo really looks like a grade school fund raiser and logo was designed by a 3rd grader. (My sincerest apologies to all 3rd graders).

Ah the video.......gave me warm fuzzies.   I think I'll pass.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

shorning

I have to disagree.  I'm actually impressed that CAP is attempting to use technology to reach out to the membership.  Can it be done better?  Sure.  But considering that we still have members that done own a computer, or still have dial-up, or are still relying on how they did things 20 years ago, I think this is a step in the right direction.  How many of us have made similar efforts within out own span of control?

mikeylikey

Quote from: shorning on May 23, 2007, 05:22:45 PM
I have to disagree.  I'm actually impressed that CAP is attempting to use technology to reach out to the membership.  Can it be done better?  Sure.  But considering that we still have members that done own a computer, or still have dial-up, or are still relying on how they did things 20 years ago, I think this is a step in the right direction.  How many of us have made similar efforts within out own span of control?

Let me get my typewriter out
What's up monkeys?

JC004

What's with the monopoly houses on the header?  ::sigh::  My proposed, revised logo below:

Smokey

The idea of a video is fine...it's the execution that sucks.  The logo on the e-mail is severely lacking and juvenile looking. And where the heck did this new slogan "Citizens serving communities" come from????   Do they just make this stuff up on the fly???

Granted Grand Pooh-Bah Pineda is not a dynamic speaker, but the video itself does nothing to get me excited about attending the conference.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

DrDave

I think you all are confusing our corporate motto ("Missions for America" )with the annual slogan of the National Board Conference.

Each year, the NB Conference appears to have a "theme" and overall logo/marketing plan.  Couple of years ago in St. Louis it was "Everyday Heroes".  Not sure what it was last year in Nevada.

Whether you like it or not, I'm sure you're going to see that "Citizens Serving Communities" tagline and logo plastered across any and everything associated with the conference (i.e. program book, signage, etc.).  But, it'll be a temporary thing, all gone by September.

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

jimmydeanno

Quote from: JC004 on May 23, 2007, 05:32:16 PM
What's with the monopoly houses on the header?  ::sigh::  My proposed, revised logo below:

You almost got me in trouble here at work because of this you know...I work in a very quiet environment, and the sudden "burst of laughter" got a few people looking over the cube walls...

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

Quote from: DrDave on May 23, 2007, 06:02:10 PM
...Each year, the NB Conference appears to have a "theme" and overall logo/marketing plan.  Couple of years ago in St. Louis it was "Everyday Heroes".  Not sure what it was last year in Nevada.

I believe it was "Fun & Games."

Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 23, 2007, 06:09:28 PM

You almost got me in trouble here at work because of this you know...I work in a very quiet environment, and the sudden "burst of laughter" got a few people looking over the cube walls...

Opps.   >:D

Fifinella

You all don't get it.  The header indicates the National plan to win the hearts and minds of grade-schoolers for CAP has begun.  Stay tuned for the Pineda "Mr Rogers"-style sweater uniform - coming soon.  >:D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

mikeylikey

Quote from: Fifinella on May 23, 2007, 07:27:30 PM
You all don't get it.  The header indicates the National plan to win the hearts and minds of grade-schoolers for CAP has begun.  Stay tuned for the Pineda "Mr Rogers"-style sweater uniform - coming soon.  >:D

It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood.
What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

What a blah motto/tagline/whatever.  It does look like something a school district would use.  Not that "Missions For America" is any better. 

JC004

I've been saying this since the AEM program was expanded to include elementary school students as eligible members, but nooooo...

Johnny Yuma

I'd watch the video if i didn't have to listen to him raping the English language with that Dade County Cubano dialect.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

LtCol White

Ummmm....we already HAVE a Mr Rogers sweater remember?? The USAF Caridigan  ;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LtCol White

Quote from: JC004 on May 23, 2007, 07:07:26 PM
Quote from: DrDave on May 23, 2007, 06:02:10 PM
...Each year, the NB Conference appears to have a "theme" and overall logo/marketing plan.  Couple of years ago in St. Louis it was "Everyday Heroes".  Not sure what it was last year in Nevada.

I believe it was "Fun & Games."

Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 23, 2007, 06:09:28 PM

Opps.   >:D

from the looks of this sign, you live in a "nice" neighborhood.....are you sure its not "mr Robinson's neighborhood from Sat Night Live with Eddie Murphy a long time ago???  :o
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG