OK Encampment Selection

Started by TheGooseLover, October 22, 2015, 04:12:55 PM

TheGooseLover

Good Morning Folks. I'm going to cut straight to the point. I'm a C/SrA from OK Wing. I attended encampment last summer (July 11-17, 2015) as a basic. I really want to apply for Flight Sergeant for next years. Applications come out in January. I have held 2 duty positions at our squadron and possibly a third by January. I'm active in squadron activities, not missing one since April. I'm also active in my community. I want to know what I can do to increase my chances to be chosen! Thanks!
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

NC Hokie

I'm not in OKWG, so this advice is going to be general, not specific.

1) Promote to C/SSgt and be well on the way to C/TSgt by the time applications are accepted.
2) Start attending activities outside the squadron so that the encampment players can get to know you as more than a name on a resume.
3) Figure out which NCSAs (if any) you want to apply for to make sure that there will not be any schedule conflicts with encampment.
4) Practice your interviewing skills so that you are ready for staff selection interviews.

Good luck!
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

arajca

As a Flight Sergeant at most encampments, one of your responsibilities will be instructing students to drill and correcting some local practices. Become very familiar with the D&C manual for the basic stationary and marching moves. If you can, print out the manual, or at least those portions so you have them for quick review.