Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 12:31:40 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Uniform Tips
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Print
Author Topic: Uniform Tips  (Read 21842 times)
kwe1009
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »

If you are using white school glue then you can probably remove the device to reposition when you earn another device.  Plus, like PHall said, ribbons are cheap.
Jester
Forum Regular

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2017, 09:09:29 PM »

If I have to order them from Vanguard, I'll make a ribbon last as long as possible. My military ribbons are easy, I can just go to MCS and grab them.

That's part of the reason I only use plastic racks instead of metal. I've had the metal ones slice a ribbon right off the backing just by sliding it on.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2017, 09:15:07 PM »

If I have to order them from Vanguard, I'll make a ribbon last as long as possible. My military ribbons are easy, I can just go to MCS and grab them.

That's part of the reason I only use plastic racks instead of metal. I've had the metal ones slice a ribbon right off the backing just by sliding it on.

It's all a matter of technique. I've wrecked exactly two ribbons on metal racks, and it was the same one - the purple and white POS that I've always had trouble with.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Uniform Tips