Updates to the History Program

Started by RiverAux, July 19, 2014, 03:55:05 AM

Private Investigator

Quote from: LSThiker on July 20, 2014, 03:44:09 AM

When will the Historian Tech Rating test be available?

I have pro/cons on tests for speciality ratings. As an IG I have seen it used incorrectly, i.e. if you pass the Master test you do not need to check off everything in S/K/A sections because you just proved you "mastered" the speciality by passing the test. YMMV, JMHO   8)

LSThiker

Quote from: Private Investigator on July 28, 2014, 09:48:40 PM
I have pro/cons on tests for speciality ratings. As an IG I have seen it used incorrectly, i.e. if you pass the Master test you do not need to check off everything in S/K/A sections because you just proved you "mastered" the speciality by passing the test. YMMV, JMHO   8)

That is not the fault of the program, but rather the fault of the commander. 

CAP_truth

Test is available. I have already taken it.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

arajca

Quote from: Private Investigator on July 28, 2014, 09:48:40 PM
Quote from: LSThiker on July 20, 2014, 03:44:09 AM

When will the Historian Tech Rating test be available?

I've had folks tell me they 'earned' a master rating in Comm because they completed the master test and wanted me to approve it. (I was wing DC at the time). A couple hadn't even been members long enough to complete the time requirements (You haven't even been in long enough to get butter bars and you're trying for a master rating? Not happening), but they took the the master level test and skipped the tech and senior tests. They were not happy when I not only rejected their request, I detailed what they were missing and copied their commander and PDO on it.

Luis R. Ramos

Right move, their CC and/or PDO should not have processed them.

I seem to remember at some point one test prevented its administration if the lower test was not taken. Wouldn't this be a good idea to have in all of them? That is, if you tried top take the Master but you had not taken Senior you would get a message the Senior had to be taken first?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 29, 2014, 03:25:11 PM
Right move, their CC and/or PDO should not have processed them.

I seem to remember at some point one test prevented its administration if the lower test was not taken. Wouldn't this be a good idea to have in all of them? That is, if you tried top take the Master but you had not taken Senior you would get a message the Senior had to be taken first?

Doesn't work that way anyway. You can take all three in one day, doesn't mean you did all the work required BEFORE the tests...

Luis R. Ramos

Although that is true, I am focusing only on the tests. You would still have to do all the work required.

Or would you also look in eServices for test completion date and deny achievement if dates are the same?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 29, 2014, 03:52:36 PM
Although that is true, I am focusing only on the tests. You would still have to do all the work required.

Or would you also look in eServices for test completion date and deny achievement if dates are the same?

If you modify your "allowance" to "Can't take Senior until Tech rating is recorded, I agree. May have crossed ideas here.