Main Menu

Ned Lee Leaving the BoG

Started by bosshawk, May 10, 2014, 06:06:26 AM

Luis R. Ramos

Alaric-

When most some people use the term "apologist," it is usually in a negative term. In line with "mouthpiece," "hack." In other words, someone that has sold his soul to the company or point of view. It may not have been what you meant but that is probably what dwb perceived thought.

If you would have intended it in a negative way, I am sure you would not have ended it as "Kudos to you." [Edited for minor editorial changes and one addition]
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Ned

In all fairness, it is a term I have used to describe myself when explaining unpopular positions here.  I certainly took no offense.

And, yes, as a former Disneyland employee, I am fond of the place.  It holds countless special memories for me.  And these days, it holds a fair amount of my money, too.

Eclipse

Quote from: Ned on May 17, 2014, 11:40:07 PM
And, yes, as a former Disneyland employee, I am fond of the place.

Does your awesome have limits?  MAN!

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPAPRN

It was Nineteen Seventy- something and I had just graduated from U.S. Navy boot camp in Orlando Florida, and the culmination was a trip to Disney World. What do they do now - tour the Chicago stock yards? Oh well, all things change, so long Ned, fair winds and following seas.
Capt. Carol A Whelan CAP CTWG,
CTWG Asst. Director of Communications
CTWG Director of Admin & Personnel
Commander NER-CT-004
DCS CTWG 2015 Encampment

BillB

CAPAPRN...DFid you know that Orlando Naval Training Center  used to be Orlando Air Force Base? And in the 70's it was still Florida Wing CAP Headquarters before it moved to McCoy AFB. When USAF closed Oralando AFB and the Navy took over, two USAF units remained on the base. One was CAP-USAF Liaison Office and Headquarters FLWG, and theother was a USAF Research Unit (don't remember it's name)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: BillB on May 18, 2014, 12:11:23 PM
CAPAPRN...DFid you know that Orlando Naval Training Center  used to be Orlando Air Force Base? And in the 70's it was still Florida Wing CAP Headquarters before it moved to McCoy AFB. When USAF closed Oralando AFB and the Navy took over, two USAF units remained on the base. One was CAP-USAF Liaison Office and Headquarters FLWG, and theother was a USAF Research Unit (don't remember it's name)

NTC Orlando (Orlando AFB 1947-1967) was in Winter Park, and its Army-era airstrip is now Orlando Executive Airport. The CAP-USAF Florida offices are indeed in a VA building on that site, after having left NTC Orlando for McCoy in 1971. NTC Orlando had an annex on what was McCoy AFB (now you know where the MCO identifier for Orlando International comes from).

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

AlphaSigOU

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040