Main Menu

Ned Lee Leaving the BoG

Started by bosshawk, May 10, 2014, 06:06:26 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JeffDG on May 14, 2014, 01:03:28 AM
Quote from: LSThiker on May 13, 2014, 10:05:56 PM
Hmmm, well Wing Commander, Region Commander, National Commander.  That seems like your "career" progression :)
God, what did he do to you that you'd condemn him to that?

Like my first Squadron CC who then became a Wing Commander.  I said to him, "Sir, probably one day we'll be seeing stars (back then Nat CC only had one star) on your shoulders."

He looked at me and very dryly said, "Lieutenant, I will try to forget you said that."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

BuckeyeDEJ

What does a Board of Governors member do once he's no longer on the board?

Go to Disney World!

Welcome to Florida, Col. Lee. Enjoy your stay.  8)

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

PHall

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on May 15, 2014, 07:15:47 PM

Go to Disney World!

He almost lives at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

bosshawk

PHall: when did Ned leave San Jose?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SarDragon

Anaheim is closer to San Jose than is Orlando. Being in the same state constitutes almost.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: bosshawk on May 16, 2014, 02:20:03 AM
PHall: when did Ned leave San Jose?

He still lives in Morgan Hill, but he seems to visit Disneyland about every other month.

NIN

Quote from: PHall on May 16, 2014, 03:33:33 AM

He still lives in Morgan Hill, but he seems to visit Disneyland about every other month.

San Jose to John Wayne Airport is relatively inexpensive via SWA. Cheaper than driving I think.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

Quote from: NIN on May 16, 2014, 11:06:41 AM
Quote from: PHall on May 16, 2014, 03:33:33 AM

San Jose to John Wayne Airport is relatively inexpensive via SWA. Cheaper than driving I think.

Depends on what you drive, but generally correct.

Plane fare - $70
Prius gas - $40
Suburban gas - $120
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

You forgot all the time it takes to get from San Jose to Anaheim. The value of Ned's time in addition to the gas. If it takes 8 hours to drive, but only 3 hours to fly.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Garibaldi

Man, what a "retirement" package... :clap:
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Chappie

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 16, 2014, 08:37:29 PM
Man, what a "retirement" package... :clap:

Actually I think it is mandated time off -- thanks to the California budget.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: PHall on May 16, 2014, 12:27:49 AM
Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on May 15, 2014, 07:15:47 PM

Go to Disney World!

He almost lives at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

Yeah, but even ol' Walt himself didn't like Disneyland. That's why he bought nearly 25,000 acres west of Orlando.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Eclipse

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on May 17, 2014, 04:47:20 PM
Yeah, but even ol' Walt himself didn't like Disneyland. That's why he bought nearly 25,000 acres west of Orlando.

I've been to both, Land as a kid, World as an adult.

Land is clearly the first draft.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

I have been to DisneyWorld as a young kid, not long after it opened, I think (1973).  It was a fraction of what it is now.

I have never been to Disneyland.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

I've been to world, land, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Disney Sea.......I got to say that Disney World is the best all around experience....but they are all worth going to.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

I / we made the mistake a few years ago of following up an awesome Disney World trip with
a local day at Great America - a park I had always thought was just fine.

When you see what Disney does in terms of experience and maintenance, it's hard to go anywhere else.
GA was a broken-down hole in comparison, I literally have no interest in ever going there again,
even though they have a great rep and no issues with those who don't know what the steak tastes like.

Disney is to other parks what Vegas is to other gambling strips like Atlantic City or Reno.  Simply in a class by itself.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Agree.

I have been to Walt Disney World at least twice if not thrice. Once went to Fantasy Land, then to Epcot on one-day visits. Now my girlfriend and me are planning on a week-long stay. One-day trips do not allow you to see even a quarter of what happens there!
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Alaric

Regardless of the state Lt. Col Lee goes too, I am sure he can remain doing his fine job as a CAP apologist.  Kudos to you.

dwb

Quote from: Alaric on May 17, 2014, 07:11:01 PM
Regardless of the state Lt. Col Lee goes too, I am sure he can remain doing his fine job as a CAP apologist.  Kudos to you.

I'd like to compare Ned's contributions toward the betterment of CAP to yours (or just about anyone else's). Or were you just complaining for the sake of complaining?

Alaric

Quote from: dwb on May 17, 2014, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: Alaric on May 17, 2014, 07:11:01 PM

I'd like to compare Ned's contributions toward the betterment of CAP to yours (or just about anyone else's). Or were you just complaining for the sake of complaining?

I wasn't complaining at all, he is a self proclaimed CAP apologist and I was stating that that could continue wherever he lived.