Main Menu

Ned Lee Leaving the BoG

Started by bosshawk, May 10, 2014, 06:06:26 AM

bosshawk

About two days ago, I read a press release from Natl that announces two new members of the BoG: one of those being replaced is our LT Col Ned Lee.  I assume that he is timing out on his selection to the BoG, since I can't imagine any other reason to replace him.

Now, how will we get the correct scoop from the BoG?  Ned has been a breaath of fresh air for some time in CAP.  He also has been a terrific MC for many CAWG Wing Conference banquets.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

ZigZag911

Ned, thank you for your dedicated service and your willingness to keep us up to speed here on CT.

MSG Mac

Good Work Ned, you put a human face on the BofG!
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

jeders

Quote from: ZigZag911 on May 11, 2014, 11:30:04 PM
Ned, thank you for your dedicated service and your willingness to keep us up to speed put up with us here on CT.

FTFY.

Seriously though, thank you for your hard work and dedication to CAP and your willingness to keep us all informed.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

The CyBorg is destroyed

Many, many accolades are due to the good Colonel Lee. :clap:
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Johnny Yuma

Interdasting...

What is the term length for a bog member? Iirc has hasn't been on there all that long
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Майор Хаткевич

We had a very recent flare up over the CPP, but I just want to let the (unusually absent) Colonel that I do respect him, his contributions, and his opinions, even when we disagree publicly over some of them. I'm sure that goes for almost all of the participants in that specific topic who may have seemed to be completely aligned against the colonel.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Colonel Lee and I had significant disagreements over the CSU debacle as well, but no way would I let that diminish my respect for his service to CAP.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Ned

Thank you all for the kind words.  I was tempted to start a "so long and thanks for all the fish" thread, but decided it was not necessary since I am still around.

Post governance change, BoG terms are three years.  I was appointed in May 2010 by the NEC under the old rules for four years, and my term was simply up. 

Now I need to find a "real" CAP job.  (Since all of the other "former BoG members" are former national commanders / vice commanders  and / or region commanders, there isn't yet a strong tradition about what to do with former BoG folks.)  I may wind up back at my local squadron.

But in any event,  I'll still be here, participating if I have something to contribute.

arajca

Well, we are looking for a wing commander in CO, if you're interested in experiencing the pleasures of hypoxia.  >:D

Al Sayre

Quote from: Ned on May 13, 2014, 09:02:33 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.  I was tempted to start a "so long and thanks for all the fish" thread, but decided it was not necessary since I am still around.

Post governance change, BoG terms are three years.  I was appointed in May 2010 by the NEC under the old rules for four years, and my term was simply up. 

Now I need to find a "real" CAP job.  (Since all of the other "former BoG members" are former national commanders / vice commanders  and / or region commanders, there isn't yet a strong tradition about what to do with former BoG folks.)  I may wind up back at my local squadron.

But in any event,  I'll still be here, participating if I have something to contribute.

National Vice Commander has a nice ring to it...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

dwb

I could use an assistant on the VAWG CP staff...  8)

LSThiker

Hmmm, well Wing Commander, Region Commander, National Commander.  That seems like your "career" progression :)

Chappie

Ned ... whether you post something or not, you always contribute to the betterment of CAP and its members.  Having known you for several years now (not as long as others in this forum though) and served with you in various events, you never cease to amaze (and amuse) us with wit and wisdom -- and have a knack of bringing out the best in people.   Don't for one minute underestimate the contribution you made and continue to make.   
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

The CyBorg is destroyed

I didn't call him "Jedi Master Ned" for nothing. 8)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MSG Mac

If it weren't for the fact that you were on the BofG when nominations were solicited I could see you as the National Vice Commaner.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

You guys want to thank Ned in a way he likes?   Buy him a Guiness or two!!!! :clap:

JeffDG

Quote from: LSThiker on May 13, 2014, 10:05:56 PM
Hmmm, well Wing Commander, Region Commander, National Commander.  That seems like your "career" progression :)
God, what did he do to you that you'd condemn him to that?

BillB

Ned......You could continue to do what you did on the BoG. I'm sure there is some local Squadron that needs a LCol to make coffee.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I was tempted to start a "so long and thanks for all the fish" thread,...

And a Douglas Adams fan as well.  ;D ;D