Air Force Officers cheating on exams

Started by pascocap2002, January 22, 2014, 10:06:15 PM

pascocap2002

Guys,

this is a sad day for the Air Force. Cheating on exams is bad enough but if you know someone cheating, then you need to report it or you could also be found guilty.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/01/15/34-missile-officers-caught-in-cheating-scandal.html?ESRC=airforce-a.nl

Whether your in USAF or CAP, make sure your unit is following proper testing procedures and if you see something odd, then report it.

HGjunkie

The Nuclear Force has been getting pounded lately....
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

abdsp51

34 of the 25k they are looking to cut...

pascocap2002

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 22, 2014, 11:44:10 PM
The Nuclear Force has been getting pounded lately....

Its true.. the missile junkies have taken a beating lately.

abdsp51

Though this is old news.  That side of ma blue never did recover from the Minot and Taiwan incidents.

pascocap2002

I cannot see where to upload a picture but I have a picture of the Air Force Academy cheating during Regional NIFA competition. I took the picture in a few years ago while I was competing and was shocked to see them deflate their tires so they do not bounce on landing. It was a safety violation and also cheating.

Eclipse

You won't be able to upload anything until you have at least 100 posts.

With that said, this isn't really the place to be outing USAF people.

"That Others May Zoom"

pascocap2002

I found where it said someone needs 100 posts to upload pictures after I posted.

We need to hold ourselves to higher standards. The cadets that were cheating, we caught and disqualified from events at competition. From a safety standpoint, we need to look at what people do wrong so we can learn from it and not make the same mistakes. Not meant to be outing anyone. Just a safety note that no one, no matter how powerful, should stand in the way of good safety practices.

Eclipse

Quote from: pascocap2002 on January 23, 2014, 12:49:28 AM
We need to hold ourselves to higher standards.

Yes, we do.

Presumably you took the information to the proper authorities, but regardless, this isn't a place for unsubstantiated allegations
against cadets from another organization.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

This was an exposure discovered as part of another investigation, and it probably won't be the last. :|

pascocap2002

Actually, I did not notice the infraction. I was just taking pictures of the planes we were competing against and did not even look at their tires. Then, The judges made the announcement, I looked at my pictures about 2 weeks later (Film camera).

Air Force asked people who took pictures at the event to send them in and I did just that. Turns out, they did have a safety infraction. Later in the year, I got to fly against the Air Force Academy in national competition a few months later. They kicked my butt but it was fun to fly in a national flying competition.