Main Menu

VAWG Glider

Started by inactive123, October 19, 2013, 06:48:33 PM

inactive123

Hello,
I read that the VAWG has one glider. Does anyone on this forum know where the glider is currently at, and if they move it around the state, does anyone know where they keep it? Also, does the wing do O-flights on it?

Thanks
C/MSgt

dwb

VAWG does indeed have a glider. Orientation flights are typically scheduled every weekend in the warmer months, assuming weather cooperates and funding is available.

Your squadron commander or deputy commander for cadets has to get your unit on the schedule. They make it pretty painless. Information normally goes out every week on the vawg-info mailing list from the glider flight coordinator.

I believe glider flights have wrapped up for the season, but should start again next spring.

This is a great question for your chain of command, BTW...  ;)

rustyjeeper

There are gliders based in Vermont. Northeast Region runs the glider program and so far as I know flights are going until early November before they end for the winter. As someone mentioned you COC is the place to get information, you could also check your Wing Calendar or the Region Calendar which may list POC's for the events listed.