National Board Uniform Changes 2013

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 PM

a2capt

SierraOneThree

Where did I say anywhere that I was a dealer? Supposition and incorrect assumption.

Quote from: abdsp51 on August 20, 2013, 05:56:52 PM
1) CID does not dictate nor establish or are really in the know about what OSI does or does not do. 

Assumption. The agent who interviewed me had transferred from OSI the year before.

Eclipse

Quote from: SierraOneThree on August 20, 2013, 06:14:10 PM
Assumption. The agent who interviewed me had transferred from OSI the year before.

Why are you being "interviewed" by CID?

"That Others May Zoom"

SierraOneThree

Quote from: Eclipse on August 20, 2013, 06:21:23 PM
Why are you being "interviewed" by CID?

I *was* being interviewed because I filed a report about a person I knew who was selling Army NODs out of Ft Campbell.

NIN

Yeah, nah,  that didn't work. Carry on.

:P
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on August 20, 2013, 06:26:05 PM
Yeah, nah,  that didn't work. Carry on.

:P

I'm out - the "Cadet Intrigue" here is too high even for me.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Quote from: SierraOneThree on August 20, 2013, 06:14:10 PM
Where did I say anywhere that I was a dealer? Supposition and incorrect assumption.

Quote from: abdsp51 on August 20, 2013, 05:56:52 PM
1) CID does not dictate nor establish or are really in the know about what OSI does or does not do. 

AssumptionFact. The agent who interviewed me had transferred from OSI the year before.

I have dealt with OSI/CID far more than you have and they do not dictate what the other does nor have insight into each others day to day operations.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

stillamarine

Let me get this straight. If you are not currently in the military it is illegal for you to own military uniforms? If that's the case I need to turn myself in. I own a complete set of ACUs, both kinds of MARPAT and the bottoms to some ABUs. I also still have a set of Service A's from the Marine Corps. Those I may be ok with. I bought them while in the reserves. None of the rest were issued.

Seriously? When I was a kid I had a pickle suit and then a set of bdus. I also had an old set of tiger strip jungles. This is crazy. And if this hasn't been a cadet y'all wouldn't have said a word to him. Should be ashamed of yourselves.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Eclipse

Quote from: stillamarine on August 20, 2013, 06:39:32 PM
Let me get this straight. If you are not currently in the military it is illegal for you to own military uniforms? If that's the case I need to turn myself in. I own a complete set of ACUs, both kinds of MARPAT and the bottoms to some ABUs. I also still have a set of Service A's from the Marine Corps. Those I may be ok with. I bought them while in the reserves. None of the rest were issued.

If you were in the military, then under certain circumstances you are still allowed to wear those uniforms, and you'd be surpised what is either illegal or against government policy.  Most of the intrigue is regarding the current patterns and styles in an effort (misguided or not), to stem the instances of blue-on-blue attacks.

Seriously? When I was a kid I had a pickle suit and then a set of bdus. I also had an old set of tiger strip jungles. This is crazy. And if this hasn't been a cadet y'all wouldn't have said a word to him. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Search is your friend. A bad idea is a bad idea.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

And if this hasn't been a cadet y'all wouldn't have said a word to him. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

I take the same stance with Seniors as well. 

stillamarine

Search is my friend. And if I wasn't on my phone I'd search for a thread from a couple years ago. I recall a senior member posting a picture he had of ABUs with CAP patches on it and nobody said anything about his owning them. It's his money. I've seen people spend money on dumber things.

And being a veteran may give me permission to own and wear Marine uniforms if I was still within height and weight standards. But I've never been in the Army or AF. Do I just turn myself into Leavenworth or should I just turn myself over to the FBI?

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Eclipse

Quote from: stillamarine on August 20, 2013, 06:50:32 PMAnd being a veteran may give me permission to own and wear Marine uniforms if I was still within height and weight standards. But I've never been in the Army or AF. Do I just turn myself into Leavenworth or should I just turn myself over to the FBI?

No need to trouble yourself.  The NSA is listening.

"That Others May Zoom"

stillamarine

Quote from: Eclipse on August 20, 2013, 06:51:59 PM
Quote from: stillamarine on August 20, 2013, 06:50:32 PMAnd being a veteran may give me permission to own and wear Marine uniforms if I was still within height and weight standards. But I've never been in the Army or AF. Do I just turn myself into Leavenworth or should I just turn myself over to the FBI?

No need to trouble yourself.  The NSA is listening.

Haha! The gym full of kids just looked at me funny for breaking out in laughter. And I have my tin foil iPhone case so I'm safe. :-)

Edit: and my fiancée is actually FBI so I'm gonna turn myself in tonight. ;-)

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Eclipse

Quote from: stillamarine on August 20, 2013, 06:50:32 PM
Search is my friend. And if I wasn't on my phone I'd search for a thread from a couple years ago. I recall a senior member posting a picture he had of ABUs with CAP patches on it and nobody said anything about his owning them. It's his money. I've seen people spend money on dumber things.

Yes - that senior is in the Air National Guard.

But more to the point about cadets vs. seniors in discussions here.  The decorum and relationship is different and seniors
are supposed to be pointing out foibles and mistakes, that's part of the reason cadets join CAP, for the leadership and guidance.

When one starts walking down the "I know better / all / everything." or the "You can't make me." road, then its all the more important.

"That Others May Zoom"

stillamarine

Agreed. But to the point of questioning what the person owns as personal property is pushing it. (Im not excusing his behavior about knowing everything about CID and OSI). I am not a fan of motorcycles. Should I tell everyone I know that it's wrong for them to own a motorcycle? What someone chooses to own is their business.

This forum has had a rash of attacking cadets....granted many deserve it. But I really think that it should be done in private. I remember something from a leadership school I took many years ago. Praise in public, admonish in private. I was at a squadron awhile back and was speaking to the CDC about getting ideas for recruiting. I mentioned CT and she told me she had told her cadets to avoid this forum due to the way some cadets are treated. You can blow that off and say it's that members fault. But take this into account. She never had an account. She only read threads and felt it would do her cadets a disservice by joining.

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

lordmonar

I still stand by my original statement.

If it is illegal to own ABUs.....the it is illegal to sell them as well.

When I bought my first set of ABU's  I ordered them from some third party vendor (not proper) and I can go out right now this instant and buy a full set of ABUs from all three of my local surplus stores.

Pulling the "It's illegal" is a little lame.  As is attacking this cadet because he owns a set.   So maybe he is a little weird wanting to have a set of ABUs sitting in his closet.   It's not anything anyone here needs to get concerned about.

And defending your attacks by saying it's our job to provide "leadership and guidance" is also a cop out.   

You stared attacking him and he started defending himself......then you pulled the "you're just a kid" card on him and he got upset about it.....with some justification.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2013, 07:10:55 PM
Pulling the "It's illegal" is a little lame.  As is attacking this cadet because he owns a set.   So maybe he is a little weird wanting to have a set of ABUs sitting in his closet.   It's not anything anyone here needs to get concerned about.

Nor was it anything we needed to know about.  When you open the door, you're open to comment, positive or negative.

As to the idea of cadets being "attacked" on this site, I don't see it.  They are involved in all discussions on an equal level, when they
say things that don't ring true, or start walking down the "cadet intrigue" alley, then those are fair game as well.

Holding people's feet to the fire?  Yes.  Attacking?  I don't see it.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on August 20, 2013, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2013, 07:10:55 PM

Nor was it anything we needed to know about.  When you open the door, you're open to comment, positive or negative.

As to the idea of cadets being "attacked" on this site, I don't see it.  They are involved in all discussions on an equal level, when they
say things that don't ring true, or start walking down the "cadet intrigue" alley, then those are fair game as well.

Holding people's feet to the fire?  Yes.  Attacking?  I don't see it.
Of course you wouldn't see it......you are the one doing the attacking! 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Quote from: stillamarine on August 20, 2013, 07:05:55 PM
Agreed. But to the point of questioning what the person owns as personal property is pushing it. (Im not excusing his behavior about knowing everything about CID and OSI). I am not a fan of motorcycles. Should I tell everyone I know that it's wrong for them to own a motorcycle? What someone chooses to own is their business.

This forum has had a rash of attacking cadets....granted many deserve it. But I really think that it should be done in private. I remember something from a leadership school I took many years ago. Praise in public, admonish in private. I was at a squadron awhile back and was speaking to the CDC about getting ideas for recruiting. I mentioned CT and she told me she had told her cadets to avoid this forum due to the way some cadets are treated. You can blow that off and say it's that members fault. But take this into account. She never had an account. She only read threads and felt it would do her cadets a disservice by joining.

While what someone chooses to own is their business when a person admits that they own property and they are not legally entitled to own said property that is an issue.  The cadet in question has tried to come off as a know it all not only here but in another thread as well.  His conduct and behavior is what has been called into question not the property he owns.  And by his own admission he has tried to be "blunt" with people.  While he may be legally an adult he is still a cadet and his conduct towards senior members is out of line especially for being a C/Maj. 

You're right praise in public and admonish in private, but I am sure that it was also taught when capable.  And sorry that the CDC doesn't want her cadets coming here but if you look at it every cadet who has come here and received a tongue lashing in one way or another deserved it rightfully so.  There are a couple that come to mind from the get go.  With this instance it was the know it all attitude, and the I'm going to scream and force my opinion approach that drew the attention. 

Playing the illegal card lame maybe, but he's already admitted to purchasing and selling items and admitted to doing business with a ill reputable business in his area.

SierraOneThree

I don't understand the "cadet intrigue" thing. This issue applies to everyone on a national level.

Also, I do not care that anybody knows I have ABUs. The purpose behind my posting it was to show the comparison between a patched up uniform versus the basic version that is more akin to present USAF tradition and regulations, which perhaps we should stick by as they are our parent organization. That has been brought up earlier in this thread to reason through why we're going to ABUs anyway, and it applies further to this as well.

I do not recall nor can I find any post of mine where I claimed to know "everything" about OSI or CID. I merely claimed to have some knowledge which I do have reason to have because of my interests in buying and selling military equipment. One of the foundations of conflict management is to not exaggerate the opposite side's claims, which has been done by yourself, Eclipse, not more than 6 posts ago.

Also, if it's illegal for civilians to own ABUs, then someone should inform the MCSSs, considering I bought a brand new ABU cover using my CAPID just yesterday.