Cadet Conference Attendance Does Not Count Towards Level III

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 15, 2013, 03:55:38 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 16, 2013, 06:50:25 PM
Well,

The issue was brought up at Nat.Boards, and apparently the reg is poorly written. Substitute CAP Senior Members for CAP members, and you get the read folks higher up than I want.

So, does that mean that all promotions based on fraudulent 24's will now be reeled back in and the members down-leveled and demoted?

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on August 16, 2013, 07:11:32 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 16, 2013, 06:50:25 PM
Well,

The issue was brought up at Nat.Boards, and apparently the reg is poorly written. Substitute CAP Senior Members for CAP members, and you get the read folks higher up than I want.

So, does that mean that all promotions based on fraudulent 24's will now be reeled back in and the members down-leveled and demoted?

Heh. I bet you can start with many a Spaatz cadet.

ol'fido

This requirement did not cause any heartburn in the wing until the last few years.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

lordmonar

I know of one place where the requirement does cause heart burn....overseas squadrons.

Unless members want to pay real big bucks or they bring their attendance with them.....they are simply SOL until they go back to the states.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

Quote from: lordmonar on August 17, 2013, 02:15:55 AM
I know of one place where the requirement does cause heart burn....overseas squadrons.

Unless members want to pay real big bucks or they bring their attendance with them.....they are simply SOL until they go back to the states.

We had a get-together at Yokota for the folks from Misawa, Yokota, and Okinawa one weekend that counted as a conference. It was all military transportation, so the cost was basically food and berthing. I do understand that military transportation has much lower availability now.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: SarDragon on August 17, 2013, 02:47:08 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 17, 2013, 02:15:55 AM

We had a get-together at Yokota for the folks from Misawa, Yokota, and Okinawa one weekend that counted as a conference. It was all military transportation, so the cost was basically food and berthing. I do understand that military transportation has much lower availability now.
Well....that's my point all along.
A bunch of CAP members from different units getting together with an informal agenda and talking about CAP things and then having dinner.....if that is a "wing conference" then I attend one of those about every other month at one of the local watering holes in Las Vegas.

With out a definition of "wing conference" it can just be anything anyone says is a "conference".
That is my major beef with this requirement......beyond why we have the requirement in the first place.

Also of note........as we look for loop holes and other inconsistencies.

If my wing hosts a "wing conference" and while there I spend my entire time at the CLC, UCC or TLC course and then attend the dinner.   How is that different then when I attend the wing's CLC, UCC or TLC course that is not in conjunction with the "wing conference"?

If the purpose is to meet people outside of the squadron and network.....is that not satisfied if I travel to a wing level CLC/UCC/TLC event?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

If the Wing, Region or NHQ calls it a conference, then so be it!  ..

...and practically anything thats open to interpretation.

Until someone else gets their feathers in a ruffle and says "But I didn't get credit for mine.. so why should you?" and uses their new found authority to block it.

Think it has not happened?