What would we do in a zombie situation?

Started by will3947, March 10, 2013, 05:37:50 AM

will3947

What do You think CAP would do during a zombie outbreak? Disband? Team with the national guard? Kick some major ass? Fly away? Blow some stuff up?

Майор Хаткевич

a2capt

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

ol'fido

Personally, I think that in case of a Zombie outbreak most of us would just turn off the TV and go do something else until a different show came on. I need to clean the garage myself.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

wuzafuzz

Easy.  Strategically placed MegaShredders and attract the undead with "Zombie LureTM."   >:D

Mega Shredder
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

cantthinkof1

DJN245

I think that as a whole, CAP would quickly cease to exist. I am sure that there are groups of members who would band together to increase the individual chance of survival. Government funding for flying would be nonexistent, and I think that the idea of us teaming up with the National Guard is chimerical.

I also doubt the impending outbreak of the zombie apocalypse, but one can always hope right? >:D

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on March 10, 2013, 10:43:49 AM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 10, 2013, 06:21:02 AM
CAP wouldn't exist...

Max Brooks disagrees...

I've read the book twice. I don't ever remember it using CAP...but now I find this:

Captain Gavin Blair: Former Fujifilm blimp pilot; current captain of a D-17 dirigible in the Civil Air Patrol

Colonel Christina Eliopolis: Squadron commander in the Civil Air Patrol. Crash landed during the war in the middle of zombie infested territory but was able to survive and be picked up with the assisstance of a Sky Watcher codenamed "Mets Fan" who is later revealed to be a figment of her imagination. Maintains belief that Mets is a real person.

HGjunkie

Wait a couple days for the bodies to fall apart or explode naturally, and resume what I was doing previously.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

will3947

sardak

To make it simple for the zombies, attached is the FAA's Zombz One Arrival (RNAV) approach plate.

Mike

will3947

No seriously, don't you think we'd do some scouting before our ground teams were eaten and infected? Cap would disband for sure, but still. We're bound to have an affect in the beginning days of the outbreak?

ITS LOGICAL! WE'D SEND A GT INTO THE WOODS TO INVESTIGATE. MAYBE GET COORDS FOR THE NATIONAL GUARD TO MORTAR STRIKE!

lordmonar

What makes you think that CAP would be dispbanded?

Seriously.    In WWII CAP was created to fill the nitch that the services could not cover due to other pressing needs.

CAP could go back to war time operations......local surveys.  Looking for the zombie hordes.  Liason Flights....flying supplies and personel from strong hold to strong hold.....as was pointed out air travel will be one of the safest ways to get people from point to point.

With a Zombie Crisis.....CAP will be the go to place for light aircraft support to the military/State/Federal/county/local governments.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JoeTomasone

Zombies?  Is that what we're calling the North Koreans now?

will3947

spaatzmom

Quote from: will3947 on March 11, 2013, 06:16:55 PM
you guys are so...not serious

LOL. It's difficult to be serious when considering something non-existent.  I have a great imagination however I operate in the real world, where there are more than enough potentially awful things to worry about.

ol'fido

Quote from: spaatzmom on March 11, 2013, 06:27:11 PM
Quote from: will3947 on March 11, 2013, 06:16:55 PM
you guys are so...not serious

LOL. It's difficult to be serious when considering something non-existent.  I have a great imagination however I operate in the real world, where there are more than enough potentially awful things to worry about.
If you don't believe in Zombies, you've obviously never seen TAC's about Thursday at Summer Encampment. >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

JoeTomasone

Quote from: ol'fido on March 11, 2013, 08:20:09 PM
If you don't believe in Zombies, you've obviously never seen TAC's about Thursday at Summer Encampment. >:D

Or their leader, the Commandant.  :)

Duke Dillio

Simply put, CAP would do nothing because our ground teams aren't allowed to be armed...