Propper USCG-Blue Foul Weather Jacket - CLEARANCE

Started by ♠SARKID♠, January 28, 2013, 02:17:23 AM

♠SARKID♠

Propper has their Gore-Tex, USCG Blue foul weather parka on clearance right now.  From what I can tell, they're upgrading the jacket to a new design.  It normally retails for $250 but they have it on clearance for $60 right now.  I picked it up to use as a rain jacket with my blue field uniform.

http://www.epropper.com/p-190-uscg-all-foul-weather-parka-i.aspx

Spaceman3750

Spaceman3750

RiverAux

Auxies, note that this is the FWP-1 that can only be worn with the tucked ODUs. 

RiverAux

Not terribly happy that the FWP is  the only thing we can wear with ODUs now, especially considering the FWP-2 costs $205 +$100 for the liner. 

Heck, the darn thing (in total) is three times more expensive than the Service Dress Blue Coat (which is actually more reasonably priced than I thought -- may have to finally break down and get one). 

Майор Хаткевич

SarDragon

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 28, 2013, 03:32:34 AM
Is it Kosher for BBDU?

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Since the field uniform is uniquely CAP and is not a USAF clothing item, any type cold weather outergarment may be worn. A dark blue field jacket is available and authorized for wear. If worn, the same accouterments worn on the field uniform shirt will be worn. An orange safety vest is authorized in wooded areas for safety reasons.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Right, so can the grade slide be worn on it, or is this technically "just a coat"?

vento

The way I read the reg, it is just a coat. The dark blue field jacket (M-65) style is the only one that can sport insignias, etc and it is to be applied the same way as the woodland camo version.

Texas Raiders

I may be mistaken, but I remember this jacket to consist of a shell with a removable fleece liner and that they were sold seperately.  Foul weather gear used to be issued to personnel by each unit prior to the introduction of this jacket.  We were told that we had to purchase them, but weren't told that the liner was sold seperately.  After being faced with considerable sticker shock, some refused to purchase the jackets and continued to wear the unit issued foul weather jackets.  It didn't take long to fix that, though.  My command prohibited the wear of issued gear unless we were underway.  We were forced to purchase them. 
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

The CyBorg is destroyed

Those are sharp.  Too bad they're not OK'd for BBDU's with the rank slide.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 28, 2013, 02:54:29 AM
The trousers are on closeout as well http://www.epropper.com/p-189-uscg-all-foul-weather-trouser-i.aspx.
ʘ‿ʘ
Didn't notice that, thanks!

Quote from: CyBorg on January 28, 2013, 08:13:59 PM
Those are sharp.  Too bad they're not OK'd for BBDU's with the rank slide.
Agreed, but it might not take much to get it authorized.

Cool Mace

CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011