Main Menu

101 Card

Started by imanzimmer, October 22, 2012, 10:34:46 PM

imanzimmer

Can someone give me a step by step of how to get a 101 card and GES 116.  I am very busy and don't want to try and go through eservices etc to find out.  Any help would be appreciated

vento

Busy or not, the only way to get your 101 card is to go thru eServices.

Eclipse

Discuss it with your units DOS or CC - you can't get them without their approval, anyway.

"That Others May Zoom"

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: imanzimmer on October 22, 2012, 10:34:46 PM
Can someone give me a step by step of how to get a 101 card and GES 116.  I am very busy and don't want to try and go through eservices etc to find out.  Any help would be appreciated

Do what Eclipse says while following this New Member Guide from Squadron 188 Oakland: http://www.squadron188.org/home/New-Member-Guide

bflynn

Welcome to CAP!

If I remember correctly, you should be receiving a packet in the mail with your membership.  In that packet is a guide for how to get started.  I'm sure your squadron will be (should be) assigning you a mentor to help guide you through the first few weeks.  Meanwhile, in answer to your question, there's a few things to do.  I'm going to do this from memory - that's usually dangerous and someone will most likely point something that I forget - so just take what I'm writing with a grain of salt.

1) You need to complete your Level 1.  This is basic stuff that includes a foundations course, basic security training, cadet protection, a little paperwork and a review with your squadron commander.  If you want to get this done, you can knock it out in a day or two easily.

Next you said you wanted a 101 card - but not why.  I'm going to assume that you want to be in an airplane, initially as air crew.  That means you need to get qualified to be a Mission Scanner.  The intermediate step 2 is

2) Get qualified in General Emergency Services (GES).  You need to read CAPR 60-3 (CAP-Regulation 60-3) then take CAPT-116 (CAP-Training #116) online.

GES is a generic qualification, so after completing GES, you have a 101 card, but the jobs you can do are limited. 

At some point you will want to log into EServices, which is the web page portal for most if not all records in CAP (www.capnhq.gov).  Look to the left for "My Operations Qualifications" hidden in the long list.  Inside My Ops Quals, about halfway down, under Emergency Services is a SQTR Entry/View Worksheet (Specialty Qualificiation Training Records) link.  From there, you can use the drop down for Achievement to select different qualifications (Including GES and Mission Scanner) and see what the qualifications are for them.  This is also a good way to track what you need to do.

Continuing with training -

3) Take the Mission Scanner Course
3a) Demostrate skills required of a Mission Scanner
3b) Perform two training missions as a Mission Scanner

And that's it - you're now qualified as an air crew member with a 101 card that allows you participate in air missions.

Remember - if you ever have questions, ask someone.  We've all been through this before, so we probably remember a little about it.

EMT-83

If you're a cadet, the process is somewhat different.

imanzimmer

Yes, the fact that I'm a cadet would probably help.  The main problem I have is navigating eservices.  So I guess to revise my question, where do I find these things on eservices to get a 101 card etc?   

vento

Log into eServices, click "My operations qualifications" and then "101 card". That is how you get and print the card. For what is recorded on the card you will have to follow the advise from Eclipse.

a2capt

As a cadet .. you will depend on eServices majorly to get through CAP.

Busy you may be, it will behoove you to make the time to figure it out.

You get from this program, what you put into it.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

My Operations Qualifications, is where you'll find the 101 card functions.