Main Menu

Movie: Speed and Angels

Started by A.Member, February 22, 2007, 04:57:44 AM

A.Member

Man, I can't say enough good things about this film.  Stunning, inspiring, you name it.  The film is a documentary that follows two Naval Aviators (one male, one female) over the course of two years on their way to realizing their dream - to fly the F-14.  They were part of the last class trained on the F-14 and flew it on it's last cruise before it was decommissioned last year.

This would be a great film to watch with the squadron.  The producer is a former naval aviator and a real nice guy (I exchanged a couple e-mails with him).   As a result, it's done right.  I'll throw out only one caveat:  the film is unrated.  However, I'd give it a PG-13 rating for the sole fact that the f-bomb is dropped about a half dozen times (thus, allow for optional attendance if shown at a meeting, by cadets in particular).  Aside from that, profanity is quite minimal.  That said, it provides a real look and it's one of those films where the rest of the story is so good that the little profanity that exists can be forgiven.

The film was only released to DVD.  As of now, they are only selling direct (ie. no Amazon, etc.).  You can find more info here: 
www.speedandangels.com

Do yourself a favor...buy a copy (or two - and give one as a gift)!
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Lancer

I posted about this back in November when I first came across the website.

I put in my pre-order and my copy came about 6 days after the release date. I was so happy to see it that I took it out of the packaging and immediately watched it.

Simply put, if your a military aviation enthusiast, this should be in your dvd library.

Regarding squadron viewing, I would not waste a meeting night watching it, but maybe a special viewing time setup with a review and permission slip going to parents before screening it. There is enough colorful language I'd be cautious about getting approval before hand.

A.Member

Just recieved an e-mail from the director.   Speed and Angels will be officially released on Tuesday, Sept 16.  This means it will now be available at select retailers, including Amazon.com (of course, I've owned a copy for over a year now :) ).   :clap:
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Shotgun

tarheel gumby

That movie is simply Awesome :clap: :clap: :clap:
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001