Main Menu

Aviation History

Started by Cliff_Chambliss, September 06, 2012, 04:44:07 PM

Cliff_Chambliss

Once upon a time there were a couple of excellent magazines of aviation History.  Wings and Airpower were published from 1971 -2007.  Each magazine would feature a single airplane in depth, sometimes running over several months, and a few other filler articles.  Very well researched, excellent photography, and really good artwork.

So were am I going with this?  Wings and Airpower are back.  At least the old magazines are back only this time in Dvd Format.  Visit the AirWing Media Site at:   

http://airwingmedia.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0e8a8bd8f7776d330acf04c7e&id=22b885f9b7&e=e858e5b2e2

11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

Critical AOA

I was pretty excited until I saw their prices.  A little rich for me. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

a2capt

They might do themselves something by putting up a sample...

Many many of these rehashing of magazines are just craptactularly poor scan jobs. Not even OCR'ed or fully indexed.

Anyone actually seen any of these?

Critical AOA

Ones money would probably be better spent on books with great pictures and info on the aircraft that they are most interested in.  There are many fantastic books out there for aviation buffs, both military and civilian.  Just ask my wife who just shakes her head as more shelves get filled up.   
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw