"Flying is back on"

Started by Spaceman3750, November 29, 2011, 03:29:34 PM

Spaceman3750

An announcement in eServices says that all mission symbols but CD are now approved. I can only assume this means that ground training is approved to continue as well, but by the headline you would think that all we do is fly ::).

davidsinn

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 29, 2011, 03:29:34 PM
An announcement in eServices says that all mission symbols but CD are now approved. I can only assume this means that ground training is approved to continue as well, but by the headline you would think that all we do is fly ::) .

Ground training should never have been affected unless it was funded. We had an unfunded locally recently.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

An announcement in eServices says that all mission symbols but CD are now approved. I can only assume this means that ground training is approved to continue as well, but by the headline you would think that all we do is fly ::).

Ground training, for practical purposes, was never effected, especially in our wing.  1 weekend's activities had some issues, but they
went as scheduled, to my knowledge.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on November 29, 2011, 04:32:47 PM

Ground training, for practical purposes, was never effected, especially in our wing.  1 weekend's activities had some issues, but they
went as scheduled, to my knowledge.

Yeah, I noticed that you had a monthly ES number open the whole time. I just never got my people together to make use of it.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 29, 2011, 04:42:59 PMYeah, I noticed that you had a monthly ES number open the whole time. I just never got my people together to make use of it.

It was open, but we could not really use it until things loosened up.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

So what about cadet uniforms? First time member materials?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Spaceman3750

Quote from: NCRblues on November 29, 2011, 06:50:50 PM
So what about cadet uniforms? First time member materials?

There's still a big red message on the CAP materials page about not having any money, I'm assuming that means FCU etc are still frozen.

Stonewall

Quote from: davidsinn on November 29, 2011, 04:08:44 PM
An announcement in eServices says that all mission symbols but CD are now approved. I can only assume this means that ground training is approved to continue as well, but by the headline you would think that all we do is fly ::) .

Ground training should never have been affected unless it was funded. We had an unfunded locally recently.

Got this email...

QuoteAlthough some addtional CAP funding has become available, SAREX funding remains on hold.  As a result, our SAR training planned for Sat, 03 Dec will be deferred until January.

>:(
Serving since 1987.

Spaceman3750

Odd... I would have assumed that "all mission symbols are now authorized except CD" would include A5 (AF-funded training). I wonder if it's a wing-specific thing?

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 30, 2011, 02:58:11 AM
Odd... I would have assumed that "all mission symbols are now authorized except CD" would include A5 (AF-funded training). I wonder if it's a wing-specific thing?

It's possible the wing is being conservative with their budget.  My understanding is that right now we're cleared to spend money as budgeted.

"That Others May Zoom"