official cap email address?

Started by etc, November 18, 2011, 08:06:40 AM

a2capt

Quote from: NCRblues on November 23, 2011, 02:05:13 AMWhy would the wing commander ask to not have a fact sheet made?
Politics  >:D
Probably any number of reasons to, "it's not done yet", "It's got errors".. so we just won't go with it. Just like how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.. the world may never know.
But that won't stop the speculators from driving the price up.

Al Sayre

Having been involved with the fact sheet process for my wing, I suspect it was probably removed simply due to an error or typo that was discovered too late to fix, and too incorrect to let be published, no big conspiracy.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

sardak

Alright, no more wondering, no more conspiracy theories. Lordmonar kindly sent me the Nevada Wing data so I updated the chart. It's attached and labeled as Rev. A. Adding Nevada bumped the average and median up slightly.

Mike

jimmydeanno

So, it seems that the smaller wings are pulling more than their fair share of members from their local populations.  What's the deal with our largest wings?

Is it a matter of them being too large geographically (span of control issue)?

Is it a matter of volunteer leadership not having enough time to volunteer to a larger organization, so the effort isn't put into it?

Is it a matter of volunteer leadership in those wings just being content with being "the largest wing"?

Is it a cultural thing?

Is it something about urban areas?

Something else?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

I know in my wing the biggest issue is that the population is focused on a single metro area, and CAP
has a very poor presence there.

~76% of the state's population is located in the metro area, which takes up about 1/3rd of the Northern area,
and is served by about 15 units.  Then the rest of the state is flat and primarily rural.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Something else...

There is zero downstream pressure to grow, and zero downstream "plan" in which to gauge a member's part, so everything is done because "someone felt like it", with a very low bar of performance, and a very high bar of fail before people are asked to leave.

The pockets of success, random operations where we are able to help people in a disaster, or the long-standing activities which run on their own steam
are not part of anyone's greater plan, and therefore do not scale.   And even those that might be scale-able can't grow because the "nearby planets" have no interest in how "those other guys do it", as that would generally expose weaknesses or programatic failings of their own activity, and "this is how we've always done it..."

With little exception, everyone wants to reinvent the wheel, hates ideas they didn't invent, and the "Getting Started" book is opened for every operation.   Why?  Because there's no expectation of standardization, and those who have had success did so by their own brute force effort with little support from upstream or even laterally

Until this changes on a national scale, nothing will change locally.

"That Others May Zoom"