Updated Uniform Photos

Started by JC004, September 11, 2011, 05:42:23 PM

JC004

Hello, everyone...

I'm guessing that this one is a LONG SHOT, but I figured that I'd put it out there anyway and see if BY CHANCE, someone had what we need!

Here's the thing - I'm putting together a member resource site on our squadron website.  It is similar to what I was hoping to do for CAP nationally.  I'm looking for updated 39-1-style photos of uniforms being demonstrated so that I don't have to have Photoshop HACK JOBS on the site.

Alternatively, is there anyone who could do really good Photoshop hack jobs if needed?

This website would be OPEN TO ALL CAP MEMBERS.

The site that I'm doing is this idea that I've been developing from before:
Quote from: JC004 on August 20, 2011, 04:25:51 AM
Here's an example that people can see (an easy one, part of a much larger initiative aimed at member resources).  The CAP version of this.  I'd need support to get it posted on the National website.  I would have expected this to have been implemented in 2 weeks with a full set of additional items not included in the Air Force items, which would have been helpful to making it easy for people (ESPECIALLY those without military experience) - stuff like videos, ribbon checker, etc.  -  http://www.afpc.af.mil/dress/index.asp 

I'm very excited to do it.  I've wanted to do something like this for years.  I didn't get a chance when I ran the PAWG site and I probably won't get the chance for National.  It's ACTUALLY, a consolidation of several of my projects:

Anyone have either photos OR the ability to Photoshop well?

Eclipse

I have both, but not sure on my time.  I still owe people on this board a few things.

IMHO, the photo should be taken on a mannequin, not a person, that insure consistency and removes the risk that the model
chosen has a bizarre expression, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on September 12, 2011, 01:31:08 AM
removes the risk that the model chosen has a bizarre expression, etc.

^^^^

The photos would even look better just flat, as long as they show what needs to be shown.

a2capt

Quote from: Eclipse on September 12, 2011, 01:31:08 AM... that the model
Like the one 'happy' 'grinning' photo in the 39-1 now, in short sleeve blues? (That IIRC, someone on here said was from their unit..)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on September 12, 2011, 02:02:52 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 12, 2011, 01:31:08 AM... that the model
Like the one 'happy' 'grinning' photo in the 39-1 now, in short sleeve blues? (That IIRC, someone on here said was from their unit..)

I think most of his pictures had a goofy smile. I'd probably do no better, so a dummy is the best option.

EMT-83

Manny Quinn, a figure in the fashion industry?

JC004

The Air Force just cut off their heads.  I see no problem with removing their heads.  Some won't even miss them.

I figured this was a long shot, but if someone has either and can get them to us pretty soon, it'd be a GREAT resource for ALL CAP members.

Think about it:  FINALLY you (and most importantly, your new members) can go to a website and quickly view the page without loading a PDF - AAAAAAAND ALL the information would be CURRENT and in a single place.  The pages would have LINKS and resources for getting details/specifics you need like a graphic or photo on how to attach your insignia or wear your flight cap.

Extremepredjudice

You are implying we all know how to wear the uniforms properly
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

JC004

SKI304

I have some photo illustrations in my squadron's Cadet Orientation Program Handbook that might be of some use.  Granted they have been photoshopped over the years to catch up with uniform changes, but I'm hoping to get some new ones eventually when I get the time.   

http://www.youngstowncap.org/YARSCSP_52-2_1001.pdf
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron

spacecommand

Don't forget to include Senior Members (without grade) which can get a bit complicated. 

Clearly resolve the issue of those blank epaulettes (which in my opinion is not worn by SMs, but I've occasionally seen new SMs wearing them).  Vanguard used to market them as for members without grade, then they changed the description to NCOs for pin on grade (which is STILL wrong).  Vanguard shouldn't be used as a reference for uniform wear, but some people do.

CAP cutouts are worn when wearing the blue shirt without service coat, but not worn on the collar when wearing the service coat (I've seen both since it's not clear enough not to do so).  When wearing the service coat the CAP cutouts are worn on the lapels instead (from my interpretation).

On the topic of the service coat, it isn't clear that a new SM can wear an Officer's Coat or Enlisted Man's coat.  I argued when I was a new SM that because SMs (without grade) wear the enlisted flight cap, that SMs could also wear the enlisted-man's jacket with CAP cutouts (since SMs didn't near blank epaulettes from my interpretation of 39-1).  I'm not saying they cannot wear the officer's coat either, but that the enlisted one also be an option.  Having both options clearly stated is good.

None of these issues affect me anymore but it would be nice to clearly lay out in photos what new SMs can wear. 

arajca

Quote from: spacecommand on September 12, 2011, 05:58:17 PM
On the topic of the service coat, it isn't clear that a new SM can wear an Officer's Coat or Enlisted Man's coat.  I argued when I was a new SM that because SMs (without grade) wear the enlisted flight cap, that SMs could also wear the enlisted-man's jacket with CAP cutouts (since SMs didn't near blank epaulettes from my interpretation of 39-1).  I'm not saying they cannot wear the officer's coat either, but that the enlisted one also be an option.  Having both options clearly stated is good.

None of these issues affect me anymore but it would be nice to clearly lay out in photos what new SMs can wear.
I would say the SMWOG should be wearing the officer's service coat (if they wear one at all) because they will need to get it once they become SMWG, unless they're NCOs. It is not cost efficient to get the enlisted coat then have to get the officer's coat a few months later.

spacecommand

My argument is more about what can be allowed to be worn rather then if someone can or cannot afford uniform items.

If cost is an issue, that's why I say it should be an  option in addition to the officer's coat (they have to wear the Enlisted flight cap as well already).   

There are a wide variety of ways, some members might already have an enlisted coat, some members might be able to borrow a coat or get one very cheaply.   For example at our unit, we have a closet full of enlisted jackets from former cadets who have left that can be borrowed for special events.  Which is the only time I ever see anyone wearing the service jacket (which in itself is not a required uniform item).

Regulations show and define things about flight suits and mess dress as well.  No one is required to buy a mess dress (really expensive) but its still regulated on how to wear one.  All I'm seeking is clear information on what is allowed to be worn (like any other regulation).

JC004

Quote from: SKI304 on September 12, 2011, 04:18:13 PM
I have some photo illustrations in my squadron's Cadet Orientation Program Handbook that might be of some use.  Granted they have been photoshopped over the years to catch up with uniform changes, but I'm hoping to get some new ones eventually when I get the time.   

http://www.youngstowncap.org/YARSCSP_52-2_1001.pdf

Do you have the image files outside of the PDF?