Main Menu

Area 51- New Theory

Started by mclarke, May 18, 2011, 10:31:36 PM

mclarke

So, apparently the Soviet Union and Stalin is behind the whole crash.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110518/od_yblog_upshot/new-book-says-ussr-behind-roswell-ufo

Thought you fellow CAPers would get a kick out of this.

M.N.

I wouldn't say that I got a kick out of it, but I did get a good punch.

Eclipse

Annie Jacobsen was on The Daily Show yesterday, and while she is not the most compelling
guest he's ever had, the idea is certainly plausible and well within the realm of possibility,
probably more so than real aliens, though not nearly as fun.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/242582/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-annie-jacobsen

I intend to grab a copy of the book to read on my Xoom.  It should be enjoyable at the least.

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Yay, more alien ship conspiracies! I actually want to see where this ends up going.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

mclarke

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 19, 2011, 01:14:17 AM
Yay, more alien ship conspiracies! I actually want to see where this ends up going.

You mean, this is not the first? Haha. Yeah, I swear there are probably as many UFO/Alien stories as grains of sand.

scooter

So here's my theory. The folks from outer space found earth and scooped up a couple of people to see if there was intelligent life here. After careful examination of the specimens, the concluded there wasn't any. They put the people back, and went off to look somewhere else! :)

davidsinn

Quote from: scooter on May 24, 2011, 10:20:33 PM
So here's my theory. The folks from outer space found earth and scooped up a couple of people to see if there was intelligent life here. After careful examination of the specimens, the concluded there wasn't any. They put the people back, and went off to look somewhere else! :)

Hmmm. Must have landed in DC or Berkley.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

ol'fido

I  believe that there are other intelligent lifeforms in our universe. Given the size of  our universe I doubt that our little rock is the only one that sort of managed to get its act together. However, having said that, I seriously doubt that they are making a beeline for Earth to study us. To think so is probably hubris on our part. I think that the real conspiracy is not that the government is hiding aliens but that they are using aliens to cover up black R&D programs. Why are they always seen near high tech facilities. 8) BTW, I need you all to take an eye exam. Look at the little red light.  ;)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

JeffDG

Nighthawk

If the USSR could get this spy plane over here and "land" (i use this term loosely) it, why didn't they nuke us??????
Daniel Ernandes, C/A1C, CAP
MER-NC-150

Good leaders are an endangered species.
When arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.
Just because you have always been doing it that way doesn't mean it isn't incredibly stupid....

davidsinn

Quote from: Nighthawk on June 20, 2011, 01:38:55 PM
If the USSR could get this spy plane over here and "land" (i use this term loosely) it, why didn't they nuke us? ??? ??

In 1947? I think they only had one or two weapons by then and no delivery system that could reach us.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Smithsonia

I was born during this era. I think I should reveal that Joe Stalin personally sent my parents to the US in deep cover to so they could have me be an American Citizen  and I could now take this occasion to dispel this rumor about Area 51, as bunk.

The reason this is bunk is because it would have been to our (the US) advantage to reveal such a plot at the time. The Air Force would've gotten more radar, fighters, bases, etc. It would have been a propaganda treasure trove that would have been played like the Gary Powers/U2 incident, an embarrassing drip by drip revelation of fact against excuse. That is political propaganda 101. This is for you who believe "Disinformation is good". Please move toward the logic trap door at the center of this paragraph.

I now return you to regularly scheduled programming.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

BillB

ED
      I alawts wondered why you liked Vodka so much, now I know it's genetic from your Russian parents
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: davidsinn on May 24, 2011, 11:26:22 PM
Quote from: scooter on May 24, 2011, 10:20:33 PM

Hmmm. Must have landed in DC or Berkley.

Yeah, "Berkley", MI is a crazy place...

Persona non grata

I have always been told that it was a type A shuttle craft from the 24th century that crashed there.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Eclipse

Quote from: eaker.cadet on June 21, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
I have always been told that it was a type A shuttle craft from the 24th century that crashed there.

Not in NM.  That event took place about 800 Miles West in Las Vegas.

"That Others May Zoom"

ol'fido

I thought that was the NSEA Protector. Power up the Beryllium Sphere and activate the Omega 13. ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

PHall

Abdomina

Quote from: Eclipse on June 21, 2011, 12:53:20 AM
Quote from: eaker.cadet on June 21, 2011, 12:38:58 AM

Not in NM.  That event took place about 800 Miles West in Las Vegas.

hmmmmmm....... looks familiar http://www.airbus.com/innovation/future-by-airbus/

Anthony DeAngelis

noooo it was definetly aliens..