90 day inactive member report on Eservices

Started by RVT, March 04, 2011, 02:07:35 AM

RVT

In order for national to know who hasn't attended a meeting in 90 days, it seems to me that someone is supposed to be entering attendance information following a meeting.  I can't find any way on Services to do that - so how do they decide who goes on that 90 day report?

ßτε

I am pretty sure "inactive" really means "expired" for this report.

SarDragon

Somewhere on there is a page with sign-in sheets. I can't find it, and don't recall where the entries are stored. That might feed that report.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Quote from: SarDragon on March 04, 2011, 06:32:05 AM
Somewhere on there is a page with sign-in sheets. I can't find it, and don't recall where the entries are stored. That might feed that report.

There are sign in sheets but there is nowhere to log them into eServices even though there is a check box for "entered into database."
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

I don't have permissions for that any more. Oh, well.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSgt Van

I thought that showed members who's membership had expired within the last 90 days.

EMT-83

It does. Should you actually select that option on a report, you can see for yourself.

RVT

Quote from: MSgt Van on March 04, 2011, 01:14:13 PMI thought that showed members who's membership had expired within the last 90 days.

If so the term "Inactive member" seems odd.  The form having a box for "Entered into Database" made me suspect there might actually be a way to do that somewhere.  Silly me.

NIN

You'd think it would be smarter to create a "members expiring in the next 90 days" report, instead, to allow commanders to do some retention efforts around the time of membership expiry (or, more accurately, in advance of membership expiration).

In my old unit's database, I ran a query once a month that looked at all members expiring in the next 60 or 90 days (I forget which), and everybody "new" on the report got a mail-merged letter from the boss, encouraging renewal, etc.  I even went so far as to try to tie in "active" vs "inactive" so as to tailor the letter to folks who were there on a week-to-week basis (more of a rah-rah "Thanks for being there, now don't forget what to do with that renewal notice when it comes in the mail in the next couple weeks") or the sustaining/patron members I'd had on my rolls for years, and put in a little pitch to the latter to return to active status.

Did it work?  Well, none of the "guys I never saw" ever became "guys who I could put a face to." Seriously, I inherited like 4-5 guys, just names on the roster, who, according to some old hands around wing, merely maintained their CAP membership so they could get some kind of a discount on their airplane insurance.  But I did have current, active members come to me and tell me they appreciated my letter (form letter as it was, although they didn't know that) and it was indeed a factor in their renewal.

My goal was always to help anybody who might have been "on the fence" to stay on my side of the fence.  I'm pretty sure it did that OK.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MSgt Van

There's a "member getting ready to expire" report available. The CC and I review it once a month.

SARDOC

If you are trying to find members who are expired and within that 90 day window.  You can pull up a Professional Development report for those specific people.