1989 MI Wg Encampment Video

Started by NIN, February 26, 2011, 03:36:00 PM

NIN

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150202431549409\

(I'd embed it, but the forum doesn't allow HTML tags, or at least, the HTML <object> tag)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Nor'easter

Great video! It looks like one of the more fun encampments around. Were most all encampments like that?
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

NIN

Quote from: SJ Cadet on February 26, 2011, 07:35:04 PM
Great video! It looks like one of the more fun encampments around. Were most all encampments like that?

Yes. And no.

Let me explain.

In 1989, the MI Wing encampment was two weeks long.  IIRC, we hadn't held a 2 week long encampment in anybody's recent memory before that (mine went to 1981, other's collective memories went far further to the 1970s and places like Fort Knox..) or since.

First week was the MI Wing CLS, (I was the senior TAC officer and the "leadership officer" for CLS that year), a week of cadet OJT (cadets working with the ANG host unit in AF jobs) and senior training (Level I, SLS & an ECI-13 course).  The 2nd week was another week of OJT and the basic encampment.  Worked pretty well because many of our CLS & OJT cadets rolled into cadet staff positions for the 2nd week, and some cadets who were not interested in staffing basic encampment came up for OJT on either week, etc. 

Hands down, one of my favorite encampments of all times.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AngelWings

Looks like it was awesome. Hope they still have encampments like that.

SarDragon

I was on PAO staff for the '08 encampment, and it looked as impressive, even if it was only eight days. MIWG has a really great program going on up there.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret